Disappointed

As a grade four sim pilot near the presipass of making grade five, Im about to turn in my wings. Sharing the sky is like sharing the road…hardly anyone follows the rules, nearly everyone has to be first…courtesy is rarely seen, I’m the one asked by ATC to make a 360 for spacing because they know I will comply, and I do. Maybe I should quit flying on the training server? My enjoyment of this wonderful sim is being daunted. How do we encourage willful compliance of the rules to enhance everyone’s experience? Is it time to entrust training ATC’s the power of “Ghosting”? Despite the steep learning curve and lack of more surperb tutorials that exist, I’m ready to accept being "ghosted " by a less experienced ATC for the sake of all.

13 Likes

If you’re grade 4, why aren’t you on the expert server. Flying is much more realistic here.

43 Likes

Yes most definitely

Absolutely not!

22 Likes

That’d probably solve your problem. Aren’t you near Grade 5? Just fly on the expert server you put the time into to achieve, and your experience should be much better. :)

In some respects, I do agree with you. Flying on the lower servers can be frustrating.

14 Likes

That is the solution. The expert is miles better than TS1.

22 Likes

My single piece of advice is as follows…move to expert server.

10 Likes

If you’re about grade 5, why are you not on the expert server? Why would you fly training server if you had access to a much more realistic experience?

10 Likes

The expert server is only slightly better than the training server when ATC is present. There is still an odd amount of shifty business going on when the teacher leaves the room unfortunately.

5 Likes

Definitely try flying in expert on days where atc are highly active.

If you are the kind of pilot who would space yourself in a sequence, im sure you will do fine. Those who cannot maintain their own seperation will usually be sent around.

5 Likes

I can see where you’re coming from. As far as giving TS1 ATC Ghosting powers, absolutely not. Thats why im always on Expert because there are much more experienced pilots. “BUT”, caps for a reason, even though expert is great, its not as populated as TS1, which makes some of us Grade 4 and Grade 5 Pilots, who like having 50-100 aircraft on a server, go to the Training server and fly. It’s much more fun to have more people. Unlike Expert where some days, aircraft count doesn’t even go past 40 planes, unless there is a big event, and sometimes the events only have like 35 aircraft.

3 Likes

I wish the amount of traffic on TS1 was on the Expert server

9 Likes

Exp for a pro flight
TS … to show you are a pro I guess
Casual for fighters

2 Likes

Not to mention, that everyone stays in the SoCal region. Very rare to have other regions booming on TS1. I’ve decided to stop flying until Global comes out.

3 Likes

Expert Server all the day. Though it sometimes sucks to fly alone in there the trick is flying in TS 1 but staying out of the way of the peanuts. AVOID KLAX, KNUC , KPSP, KSAN, instead take off from MMTJ and land in KSNA.

2 Likes

I think instead of ghosting just kicking not like a violation

Can you elaborate? Kicking, Violation? What do you think they should do?

So you know how ghosting gives the person a violation well kicking doesn’t give you a violation

Ahh, smart idea. Kinda cool ;)

1 Like

As a grade four pilot, you could easily report players who in violation of some of the rules. With enough reports the player will get a ghost, even on TS1.

I’ve addressed a need for change earlier today, take some time to check it out and offer some input. I’m always happy to have a good discussion.

2 Likes