Difficult approach in Paro,Bhutan

It would be my 600th landing,so I decided to make something special. I decided to fly the route from VTBD to VQPR,in expert serve.
The time of the photo is about 4 P.M local time. I took this screenshot on the mountain 🏔besides the airport,so the view should be seen in the real life.
I landed in Paro Runway 15 successfully, not very perfect.But it was still a great experience for me.

36 Likes

That’s a nice looking approach and lovely liverty.

3 Likes

That’s one awesome pic you got there!
I never knew that IF had that livery 😂 love the angle to!

1 Like

Joining the Paro squad I see, very cool!

2 Likes

One of my favorite approaches, and it’s so scenic! I hope you buttered!

2 Likes

I might try that as well, seems fun.

Hope u nailed that landing @IFCNTianlinShen

2 Likes

Maybe because really nobody uses it! :(

Great picture. Paro always a great one! 😀

4 Likes

Actually I never flew this livery before. I just want to find a Asian airline to fly this route, and I chose this Batik livery.

Yeah I made it successfully,and wish you good luck!👍🏿🍀

Can you message me a screenshot of you on the runway?

congratulations, for me it is one of the best approaches of IF it is really wonderful to arrive at that aerodrome and land on the 15th making the drop call … I have a small video of a landing of mine celebrating 1000 flight hours and I would like to share it

1 Like

Can someone tell me how I can share a video of me that at the moment of sending it tells me that it is not allowed

Incredible job landing at a very difficult airport!

2 Likes

I have practiced Paro a while back in a TBM, C-208 and a ACJ/BBJ which it looks like you chose…that said according a an article l read on the net as of Nov 2018 …irl only less than 25 pilots have permission from the Bhutanese officials to land there and only VMC during daylight hours …the sim version is doable with sufficient practice but IMHO…VNLK is much more of a challenge…here is an article and YT link you might be interested in …and for all you IFATC l presume in this sim no larger than an AB3x/B737 is allowed to land there !

You might want some dramamine before you watch this

3 Likes

Of course!This was the picture shows my plane just a second before touch down.It wasn’t a perfect landing because I didn’t make my plane on the central line…

4 Likes

It is a nice landing considering how hard it is to land in Paro.

3 Likes