Different radio frequencies

Could someone please reply in depth on how atc airspace works:) When and why to contact atc? Why contact atc? How to know which atc frequency to use? Thank you to everyone who helps! I really want to know:)
(I’m talking about real life)

2 Likes

really, ATC is just saying your in a active airspace or your on the ground and they tell you when to take off, land, push back and taxi, ATC helps you with your flight

2 Likes

@Carlos_lurajud what if your in non active airspace? Do you talk to atc then? When are you in non active airspace?
Cheers

1 Like

then you don’t need to do any thing to do with ATC, they will let you know when your in a active air space, go to the being section of ATC where you chose your frequency (airport tower) and try find the airport your landing at, to answer the second part, just fly and ATC will notify you when they need to

2 Likes

@Carlos_lurajud are the circles on flight charts around the airports the ATC range?

1 Like

yes, when you take off from a airport, just say to ATC good bye then your on your own till you land

2 Likes

I am a pilot in real life and It’s very complicated but ATC is basically a group of very well trained people that help aircraft navigate congested airspaces and more importantly help avoid collisions. You have different airspace names in correspondence to the airspaces number of aircraft. Alfa is a big huge airport like Atlanta Int etc… Bravo is a Regionnal airport size like New York la guardia Charlie is a GA airport etc… All the way to echo. In class Delta or Echo airspaces, you do not need to contact ATC at or below 5000ft. This is because the airspace is less congested and pilots can safely navigate the area themselves.
It’s more complicated then that but that’s an example. I hope that it helped anyway. Check out the FAA’s website for more detailed explanations. @Harry_Shaw

5 Likes

Or do not hesitate to ask me if you have any more questions . @Harry_Shaw

1 Like

That helped so much thanks so much!!! If I have anymore questions I’ll be sure to ask you.
Cheers, Harry

1 Like

@Harry_Shaw glad to help, anytime just ask

1 Like

Maybe this will help:

1 Like

no probs, I’m available all the time every day between 9:00am (AUS TIME) and 7:00pm( AUS TIME)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.