Different Colored Grade Tags

So there have been other topic relating to this topic but they are all old and are no longer active. I figure I give a feature request and some recommendations on colors. So when you are flying around on the Training Server for say, and you see someone with a white name tag. In order to view their grade, you need to open the map, tap on their aircraft and then again on the right aircraft to specify the person, then find the persons grade. I think that it would just be easier for a busy Air Traffic Controller to look at the aircraft out of their window and see the color of the name tag rather than doing all of the things stated above and for other aircraft to quickly see which grade a user is so they know how experienced the user is.

Here are the colors that could be used for each grade.

Grade 1 = Yellow
Grade 2 = Orange
Grade 3 = Purple
Grade 4 = Green
Grade 5 = Gold
Moderators = Teal
Staff = Red
Developers = Blue

I think that this would be fairly easy to implement saying that all that the developers would do is change the color of the letters. The harder thing would be learning all of the colors, in that case there could be a topic on the community stating what the colors meant once it would be implemented.

How did I do on this topic?

0 voters

Cool idea, but if it were to be my choice I would change the colours around a bit :D

2 Likes

Yeah. I’ll do a little switcharoo.

1 Like

Maybe make Grade 3 a different colour? I mean I feel proud that I’m grade 3 and wouldn’t want my name tag to be in a colour that also means ‘progressing’…

1 Like

How about that?

Grade 3 is now red? That’s even worse lol…

1 Like

Maybe make it purple?

1 Like

Turquoise?

1 Like

Make sure you vote for your own feature :D

(I’ll vote too!)

1 Like

I said teal as the moderators so teal and turquoise are similar and we don’t want confusion.

1 Like

Ok… Your choice.

1 Like

I mean. I can change it if you want me to…

1 Like

No it’s fine mate. Your choice.

1 Like

God dang it! I reset the poll.

I think the current colored tags are ok. I don’t like your idea though, it’s pointless in my opinion.

You can also look at the tag, every few seconds it will show you the grade/name.

The grade that you are in doesn’t determine the experience you have communicating with ATC. Grade 5 pilots might be less experienced than grade 3 pilots. As IFATC I don’t even bother to check what grade is a pilot especially when busy, it’s a waste of time because each pilot on the expert server should know how to communicate with ATC.

I also think that we should keep the current tag colour because grade 1 - 3 is pretty easy to achieve, so white is great for that. And if you want to have a colored tag because you really want to, then you have to work for it.

2 Likes

I feel grade 5 should still be like a gold, because it’s the most “precious”

1 Like

I don’t really see the need for this, to be honest. I mean, I’d appreciate if the grade 5 color was changed, but other than that, no adjustments necessary.

ATC doesn’t really pay much attention to grades. Sure, it might be impressive to have a shiny, golden grade 5 tag, but I think we all know that grade isn’t an example of how good of a pilot one is. I’d rather judge someone’s skills based upon their ability to comply with instructions, rather than the color of their tag.

3 Likes

Hmmm… It seems that it doesn’t do that on my screen. It used to, but it doesn’t now.

2 Likes

Yeah I can’t see the grade anymore

1 Like

Just more reason to vote 🤗.

1 Like