Didn't know they added helicopter in the game ๐Ÿ’€

Insane winds JFK airport makes F22 hover like a heli.

15 Likes

This is the 2nd coolest thing I have seen today

7 Likes

Iโ€™m curious what the first coolest thing was :)

1 Like

The inside of my fridge.

8 Likes

How were you able to get a wind speed that high? When I max out the slider it is like 97kts? (Iโ€™m guessing a possible answer, but donโ€™t know if itโ€™s true)

Idk. I started on expert server and then maybe the wind settings got transfered to solo flight.

1 Like

Thatโ€™s the only answer I could think of.

Yes, it definitely does get transferred. But I never thought about a speed like yours where it is higher than the wind slider max in solo. So, guess if you were to change the slider, youโ€™d lose the high value that gets transferred.

So, you left expert at a high altitude with a big wind?

This made me wonder about the highest winds reported in the forum. AI claims the following:

1. Highlander241 captured a screenshot of winds just over Chicago Oโ€™Hare International Airport (KORD), where they experienced 180 knots of tailwind1.
  2. AndrewWu3 encountered a weather bug that resulted in 210-knot winds at FL1001.
  3. Toby1724 faced headwinds of about 185 knots while flying from Sydney to Auckland1.
  4. GameBoy_KIRB9 encountered 143 knots over Nepal and China1.
  5. Butter_Boi once experienced 210 knots (although no exact photo exists) and humorously noted that if their Cessna Citation could float, the winds were indeed strong1.
  6. First_Officer_Lee reminisced about 300-knot winds that caused their CRJ to slide off the runway1.
  7. Luke_King-kong19 dealt with a 120-knot crosswind over the Atlantic

(Some of those numbers seem more like another planet.)

Hold onโ€ฆ This might be it. The last time I was on expert mode on C17 going 44000ft, lost control and nose dived like crazy so I exited game right then.

So after waking up I wanted to play IF again. Spawned solo on F22. I spawned in upside down lol so yeah

1 Like

Yeah, that sounds like what happened. Interesting.

This makes me wanna ask for VTOL aircraft

๐Ÿ‘€

1 Like

They should make teh F-35A, F-35B, F-35C jet in my opinion they should add it doesnt everyone