Didn't expect this in IF expert server

So guys I was in this FNF and was flying a group flight with SIVA from Zurich to London …

I had to follow a very long approach route to rwy09r. So, the ATC ( IFATC-DARKGAMER) he gave me the clearance to land … and knowing that I am on final, he instructed other plane to line up the rwy. He did this twice…

It was so embarrassing as all the other pilot who were a part of the group flight had landed…
I wasted 30 mins in just going around twice and then taking a long approach phase…

As I’m from India, it is 1130 pm here and I had to sleep…but still hoping for the best, I landed at the end when another atc cleared me…

I hope everyone who is reading this will be attentive in future I also hope we don’t experience these types of ATC in the future (especially in expert server)…

Now I’m going to bed…

6 Likes

Well goodnight,

I would not recommend doing a flight into a FNF hub when you know you are going to need to go to bed soon. The airspace tends to be very busy so expect long approach times.

5 Likes

The IFATC do their best at all times so we all have to give the credit. Everyone makes mistakes. If needed PM whoever was ATC

3 Likes

only twice? doesn’t seem too much.

^ this

3 Likes

It’s not about that… I really appreciate the hard work of the ATC but he was knowing that I’m on final so why did ordered the plane to line up??
I would still understand if it was done once…
But he did it again!?? That’s not acceptable on expert server guys…

1 Like

I know that. I wanted to earn 2X flights time from SIVA… THAT’S WHY I DID IT

Just contact him and ask 🤷‍♀️

1 Like

Alright that’s fine but you can’t come and complain. As mentioned above if you have a direct concern contact the controller via PM.

🙄🙄 contact??

Yup bud… I just wanted to SHARE my experience being a grade 3 pilot… you close the conversation now.

This is getting a little heated. @Captain_Sid you have to send a PM to contact to the ATC who was controlling you. Thanks

2 Likes

Hi! I was the controller. Please PM me if you’d like to discuss this further. Thanks!

5 Likes

No it’s ok bro… no problem

When in a busy airspace though then it takes a while to come back to final

given a holding pattern would have took longer.

Well yes depending oh how long you are holding

As far as I know you can clear an aircraft for take off/onto the runway while another aircraft is on final cleared to land. How far out from the airport were you?

1 Like

Around 5nm away from the runway…

Sounds like good enough separation to me. But I wasn’t there.

This happened to me at JFK, had to go around and ran out of fuel. I know how it is.

He should have cleared the aircraft for takeoff, then you could have landed.