Did Zurich get lagged out at FNF

I was flying in from Madrid, Spain yesterday to Zurich which had 43kt crosswinds and the ATC controllers were super busy and there was alot of traffic. On final approach to Zurich my plane started to lagg and the screen turned black as I was on final approach. At one point the runway and all they aircrafts lagged out as well and you can see that there was a airplane lined up on the runway which (to me it looked odd) so when I went for a go around, I could see nothing but black. If you can tell me anything of what happened please respond asap. The event was very fun but I couldn’t preform the last part of it, which was landing

Screenshot_2017-11-24-01-16-26

Looks like corrupt files, reinstall the app and try again :).

1 Like

try deleting and reinstalling, or restarting device, or both ;), probably just a corrupt terrain

1 Like

Can we also get some device specs as well?

I see your on a LG I assume. If so, which one because certain LG’s have that common occurrence.

LG K10 smartphone. Thats what I was using

Best way to go is to reinstall IF just like @Boeing747-8 said to do.

1 Like

That device is barely capable of running global. To prevent this in the future, make sure you have your settings all the way down to ensure low memory usage.

Ok thank you so much for that reliable feedback, also would it help further to reinstall the app as well?

1 Like

Ok thank you for responding to the thread and helping out

1 Like

I would consider only installing aircraft you know you will use. A full factory reset would probably be a good option to further clean up your device. However, reinstalling the app will be your best bet if you do NOT want to do that.

2 Likes

This usually happens when the connection to the Global Server is lost. Check out the thread below.

1 Like

That isn’t what happened. The black in this screenshot is the aircraft’s silhouette and I am assuming his screen turned off from lag.

1 Like

Ya it was very lag filled coming into Zurich from more the a 3 hour flight from Spain

1 Like

All the issues mentioned by the PR are clear signs of when terrain has stopped streaming. Loss of HD terrain, no visible airports, black terrain, etc.

1 Like

Ok, The black terrain that you see there in the bottom right corner means you have a corrupt terrain file. A simple re-install will fix it. As for the lag, I often get that going into very busy airports, and to fix this you can turn you graphic settings lower, make sure IF is the only app running at the time (With the exception of 3rd part apps) or avoid busy airports. Thanks for contacting support!

1 Like

This happened to me in Athens, quit the flight, then log back in and it should work. That’s what worked for me.