Did you know these liveries existed?

Hey! The title pretty much explains it all, if not, it’s meant for you to share liveries us members might not know about. For example; N779JB. I’m not sure if it’s still on it currently as some pictures showed it with no special livery

Let’s see what other liveries you can find that we may not know about! ;)

9 Likes

Former Copa Panama (today Copa Airlines) Lockheed Electra

Former International Air Panama INAIR (currently extinct) DC-8

2 Likes

Saw this plane at sydney once, great sight to see

there’s also these

This one is in IF as the Etihad a340

These are just some of my favourites. (Not my photos)

8 Likes

Nice Liveries!

1 Like

I extremely like the Yananyi and the Wunala Dreaming, glad that Qantas dedicates special liveries to their aircrafts inspired in Australian aboriginal roots.

1 Like

I saw this one when it was in service
(Not my photo)

6 Likes

Qantas have a 737 with a “retro-livery” which was worn by Boeing 747s in the 1970s

2 Likes

Source: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Airbus_A321-231_Lufthansa_Retro_D-AIDV_(8735316390).jpg

For anyone who is not too familiar with Lufthansa. They have this livery on D-AIDV

6 Likes

Some may know this, 9V-SPK/SPLs Tropical Livery, SIA used this livery as a promotion to their new Business and First Class Cabin. Sadly this livery also reminds us to SIA’s only crash involving one of them (9V-SPK). After the accident, SIA never used Special Liveries anymore until 2015 (When they use SG50 livery for their A380s)

Then the SG50 livery (9V-SKI and 9V-SKJ), SIA used this livery to commomerate Singapore’s Golden Jubilee. It still can be seen on both aircrafts today. It’s the latest Special Livery and the first since 2000 Crash.

Then the Singapore Airlines’ Golden Jubilee livery around 1997 (9V-SQA, 9V-SMZ, and 9V-SJE), to Commiserate Singapore Airlines 50th anniversary since the incorporation of Malayan Airways in 1947.

Then Garuda’s Retro livery (PK-GFM), it has been existed since 2 years ago. This livery is used to commomerate an identical old retro livery of Garuda before moving into the iconic Landon livery in 1988s. The Landor livery was the main livery until 2008/2009 where the Landor Livery got replaced by the current livery.

Then last but not least, Malaysia Airlines’ 40 Years and Retro livery (9M-MXA). this livery marks 40 years after the split of Malaysia Airlines and Singapore Airlines from Malaysia Singapore Airlines (40 Years since the MH’s true birth). 9M-MXA also features an identical Retro livery which was used around 1972 until the end of 1980s decade. The true retro livery of MAS was introduced last year in 9M-MPP, a B744.

Here is some other unusual liveries from other airlines =

All Pictures credits to the owner. All Rights reserved.

4 Likes

The livery of Virgin Blue before they changed to Virgin Australia.

2 Likes

Not my photo.

1 Like

Not my best shot but oh well

3 Likes

some more older livery photos i found

3 Likes

I know the bottom last 4 existed

3 Likes

That Dc-8 looks so good

2 Likes

I’ve never seen that before. Looks interesting.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.