Did you know that American had a 757 Astrojet?

Did you know that American Airlines had a Boeing 757-200 painted in the astrojet livery? And yes this was lonnnnnng before the 737 astrojet livery. Picture Credits go to rightful owner! Also- I am traveling to Tulsa possibly this summer for a tour with my uncle of the Maintenance facility at American Airlines (also one of the world’s largest maintenance facilities in the world!). I dont know as to when Im going as I’m having a few medical procedures done thats going to require some down time, but I am taking your requests! I dont know as to what will be there but there will possibly be some 787’s and 321’s! :) image

17 Likes

That looks better than their regular livery.

4 Likes

You should make a feature request.

2 Likes

I should and thats a great idea!

I like it. Makes it look racey.

2 Likes

Regarding the medical procedures, good luck.

Also, you’re so lucky to get to see this facility.

1 Like

Yes, there is a feature request.
https://community.infiniteflight.com/t/american-airlines-boeing-757-jet-flagship/49870

2 Likes

I saw this photo on Instagram earlier.

That clickbait title though…

1 Like

Yeah I changed the title.

2 Likes

Ugh, I never liked the metal

1 Like

I never knew this existed… That livery is simply fantastic!

1 Like

Thanks, Im really bad at making titles lol!

1 Like

Thanks! And yeah I am I have been wanting to get in and tour it for the last 5 years…

That’s at Alliance Airport!

The hangar is?

1 Like

AA used to own it but now it’s another maintenance hangar for another airline

1 Like

I love this livery. It’s nearly as nice as the KLM original livery. Was this just for show or is it in service? :)

1 Like

Ah ok! Did they move that from Alliance to DFW?

1 Like

Used to be in service a long time ago before the 737 was painted in the astro jet livery… I believe they either repainted it into new colors or retired it