Did you ever notice the word 'TAXI' on the taxiway?

Airport editors are not allowed to draw text using taxi lines as per the rules set by Cameron and Philippe.

There will probably be a solution soon, yes.

As I’ve mentioned many times in this topic already, it’s against the rules to draw text using taxi lines.

3 Likes

Good question

1 Like

but in this case, it models reality…

So? If it’s against the rules, it’s against the rules. :)

2 Likes

Look guys, as much as I would love to keep them, these rules were set by Cameron and Philppe for a reason. If we decide to start ignoring the rules, they could stop the editing team as a whole and then we would be stuck with crappy airports from X-Plane.

Yes, but what is even the reason for not being allowed to create text with the lines? And no, this is not a request to keep it, just a question.

1 Like

The reason is that lots of ‘nodes’ (corners of lines) can cause IF’s rendering engine to lag a bit. That was what came from Phillipe anyways.

Are you serious here?! You just can’t compare airports in Infinite Flight and a major sim like XPlane. I don’t understand how you can find X-Plane airports crappy…

1 Like

Um. This forum is about Infinite flight. It’s not for discussion on X Plane. Sorry, have to comply with the rules.

1 Like

IF is much better than X, Y or Z Plane. ;)

3 Likes

Yeah @Captain_DJ but he has no reason to say XPlane airports are crappy.
I don’t know if you have ever flown on XPlane but you can’t compare it with Infinite Flight…

XPlane is not for everyone (you should know to fly)…Infinite Flight is for anyone.

1 Like

Yes. Better planes, better characteristics! Anyway, let’s stay on topic to avoid getting flagged.

@AF330, I understand. I am a serious pilot but I’m not going to Xplane. I want to keep my life consistent, and as a loyal paying customer of IF, that’s where I stay. Don’t care if it’s out of my league. IF is awesome.

I agree with you. IF is awesome.

But how can he say this kind of Professional simulator is crappy?

Euh…wait. Are we talking about the Xplane simulator or their mobile App? xDD

I was talking about the simulator. Not their mobile application.

2 Likes

@AF330 sorry, to clarify, IF gets its airport data from X-Plane batch made ones, not custom made ones by people. The X-Plane ones look bad in IF.

1 Like

That’s a simulator?! 😱😍

1 Like

The default ones that come out the box (from first version of X-Plane 10) aren’t that good, that’s where our data is based from :)

Will the taxi lines be removed in the next update or something? Because it’s still at KPSP.

Yes, it will be removed.

They did it so pilots don’t mistake the taxiway for the runway. It is at KBOS, too.

1 Like