Did Pittsburgh steal an Antonov?

So last week very early Sunday morning at 12:10(ish) an Antanov 124 landed in Pittsburgh from Shannon. That aircraft has not left. To say I’m confused is an understatement. These aircraft typically stay around for a few hours, not days. It’s been here for 165 hours now. People pay good money for these, and I see no good reason to keep it sitting on the ground somewhere.

Anyone got an explanation?

2 Likes

The grammar in the tite triggers me

I think they’re waiting on cargo to send back.

But in a week wouldn’t they have flown out, and come back?

Probably maintenance then. To Be Honest, i don’t know.

Ya, I mean I guess, but that seems odd too, I’m very stumped… 😂

1 Like

Haha, that means more spotting time for you!

1 Like

Ya, since I have to plan ahead for that every time I had a chance I was like “well no use planning for it since there’s no way it will be there after school” but maby I should think more closely now… 😂

1 Like

I messed up when Mriya was here. I was young though, and that was the time i had started losing interest in aviation. 2014 to be exact. I can’t wait for it to come back.

My point is: HURRY UP AND TAKE A PICTURE OF IT BEFORE IT NEVER RETURNS!!!

2 Likes

If I’m right about whare it parks I think it’s a super inexcusable part of the airport, so I can see it from like a mile away, but… 🤷🏻‍♂️

They sit all the time anywhere. In Kenya I went on a week’s long vacation and it was still parked at the ramp. In Dover there’s one sitting at the AFB just chilling. If they don’t have a order or a delivery they will sit where they are.

2 Likes

To second that… It’s cheaper to keep an aircraft of that size on the ground than to be flying. (Parking Fees over Fuel Prices)

3 Likes

Please fix your grammar 😂

They must have a reason to keep it sitting, if they’re paying for that. Maybe they have no intentions to use it right now 🤷‍♂️

Wait its still here? Do you know where its parked???

Why not look on the flight radar24 to see how often it flies? You can pull historical data if you got pro subs

No one gets out of Pittsburgh alive?

6 Likes

Ok it’s joke time…

People form Pittsburgh are called Pittsburgers. Do you know what people from Hamburg are called?

Germans

1 Like

… so its 00:22, I’m so going out rn, I’ll let you know If I find it lol

wheeeeeeeeeese lmao

Well found it lol… @KPIT it’s at cargo A by Atlantic Aviation

20190428_005206

2 Likes

Its parked right at the fence, you can almost walk right up to it maybe not smart during the day lol

20190428_005645

2 Likes