Did Infinite Flight updates in 2017 meet your expectations?

How’s it going guys? I hope your having a fantastic day. As the topic suggests, I want to know whether you guys believed Infinite Flight updates had met your expectations or if they had fell short to what you were hoping for throughout this year.

My Answer
The updates which have came throughout this year have been incredible from the arrival of new aircraft to the amazing scenery the developers have created. Infinite Flight has truly transformed from an experience perspective and I honestly do believe Infinite Flight is the ONLY simulator on the market which offers such a comprehensive range of features which would be seen on the PC platform. What I am disappointed about is that things such as realistic engine noises as well as gear tilt weren’t added. Even if these features were added to one model of aircraft in an update, it would be a good start and it may have become a standardised thing when creating new models of aircraft throughout this year. I can understand it is time consuming to have to do these things and the community must be taken into consideration, but I appreciate the small details and it adds a new level of realism. This is not say that I don’t appreciate the work the developers do, but the thought that sometimes runs through my head is if they spent so much time creating the models for aircraft, why not spend the extra time to deliver these features, instead of deciding to rework it later? Why couldn’t they just not “copy and paste” and instead spend the extra time into making sure that model of aircraft is made to the best it can be? Anyways, that wraps up my thoughts make sure to leave yours below. Don’t forget to like and yeah…

8 Likes

I think Infinite Flight’s updates always exceed my expectations. But the ones in this year are more special, due to the presence of Global Update which beats other simulators in the market and definitely a step ahead before on par with PC-based simulators. Even though it’s not perfect as it has some minor flaws, but at least this has shown FDS’ serious commitment to bring Infinite Flight a step ahead as the leading Flight Simulator in mobile devices

10 Likes

Aww heck yeh, two updates, one of them being a superb update

2 Likes

I would definitely say yes. It fulfilled my dream of flying anywhere and got me a lot of friends here :)

9 Likes

Yes and no. Yes all the updates have been incredibly amazing and have had alot Of effort put into them. One thing I thought there was going to be was, more of the 15m scenery in more places.

2 Likes

The nighttime weather on the global update is just phenomenal. If we could get taxi lights, I will fly mostly at night.

4 Likes

Yes, with global and the MD-11/DC-10 updates I am very satisfied with the progress IF has made this year! I’m now looking forward to next year!

1 Like

Simple answer: It exceeded my expectations!

Great job FDS, you’ve had a very successful year!

4 Likes

I’d say yes. At the start of the year I thought global will come, but that’s it. You’ll be able to fly anywhere. However, we got a new UI, fuel burn, engine start/stop, incredible graphics, and much more.
Then, the DC-10 and MD-11, with the wing flex and opening doors. Ask yourself, did they have to put the cargo doors? No. Did they do it? Yes. Why? Because they always exceed our expectations and demands.

1 Like

YES🛬💫🛫i
It’s really a gift in a grateful sense bing able to fly globally on my iPhone~~
And the coming of MD-11/DC-10 is a huge bonus🎉
Thank you, @Laura n the Devs🛬👍🏼🛫

1 Like

This has been my favourite year playing IF… it’s also my first year. But i am sure that this is the most successful year for FDS with the new global and MD11/DC10 updates.

1 Like

I think it would be insane for me to say no

1 Like

Well, if you asked me three months ago I would say no, we don’t have any updates yet! Global was a bit delayed but it blew away my expectations and the MD / DC still coming before years end was a surprise. These developers are so hard working and amazing.

3 Likes

I think it did. Global was an amazing update for IF!!

1 Like

Global made this year worth the wait!

1 Like

Of course! Global is amazing and it of course meet my expectations.

But I am still disappointing in some aspects such as the lack of other airplane liveries that I wanted. Also a lot major airports out of the US and Europe are not fully created yet it it makes flying routes across the whole world annoying.

3 Likes

I agree with you on that!

In some areas better then expected aircraft rendering/scenery. In some it did not meet my expectations completely in some areas terrain map/map,airport accuracy (Auckland airport i a380 operator has a taxiway as a runway) and also night lighting.

Auckland was fixed by the Airport Editing Team along with many other inaccuracies reported/found. We just have to wait now until they’re added into the servers.

3 Likes

that is great !!! thanks to the editing team.

Literally 95% of my flights on global are from or to there