Did I make it to the moon?

This is a screenshot I took of the last moment of my solo flight before my phone froze. I was in space at over negative one million feet. Look at all of the parameters, from the outside air temperature (OAT) to the speed.

Wait. If you’re negative 1,000,000ft wouldn’t you be like in the center of the earth or something?

1 Like

The scenery looks like I’m in space.

Your also going 26 million knots too…

1 Like

If you are negative one million ft, then you would be in the centre of earth, like @bookers4eva said. You are definitely not in space.

Unless you got negative and positive mixed up.

2 Likes

Info -
Outside Air Temperature (OAT): 2578* Celcius (4672.4* Fahrenheit)
Air Speed: 26,298,200 KIAS (some numbers are cut off)
Ground Speed: 166332
Mach Speed: 96.56
Altitude: -1295277 Feet
Vertical Speed (feet per minute): 11,457,556 fpm
Scenery: Space

1 Like

There is a negative sign. Look at it zoomed in.

1 Like

I see it now. Thanks for clearing it up. :)

1 Like

I wonder what staff/moderators think. They are the real Infinite Flight Experts.

You need to reach -5,370,736.8 ft to get the center of the Earth and his was at -1,295,277 ft. That makes 1/4 way to the Earth or at Mesosphere (Not to confused with Earth Layer/Air).

But the scenery was space.

1 Like

You mean: it got dark…

4 Likes

Come on man I didn’t do the math it was just if altitude < 0 then he must be under ground. I didn’t mean the core of the Earth.

Also surprised mods didn’t close this post like what Misha did to the other one hehe

1 Like

You got a long while to go

I love Meteorology, Geology, and Math (Advanced Algebra). If it was underground, then I am talking about that. Now for Space, you will be in the space with less gravity. He was at 245 miles above the surface.

1 Like

If you look closely at the scenery, there are stars.

Yes I see, however there was a negative sign in the altitude so you reflect the height over the x axis (the surface) and you see we are 245 miles or 1,293,600 ft into the dirt.

2 Likes

You know, considering that reaching that altitude in the game is something not done normally, maybe you had a bug. Wouldn’t that explain the “space?” You’re underground.

1 Like

He sent this video in VO Slack, he was into the ground.

1 Like

I went out of the ground into space, if you watched the video closely