Diamond eDA-40

Diamond eDA-40

After extensive research and numerous flight test hours on electric and hybrid electric platforms, Diamond Aircraft is positioned to offer an all-electric solution to the General Aviation market – the eDA40. Creating an eco-conscious and cost effective option for the training market has always been at the core of Diamond Aircraft. The eDA40, a derivative of the existing and certified DA40 platform, will be the first EASA/FAA Part 23 certified electric airplane with DC fast charging.Initial flights of the eDA40 are scheduled for Q2 2022. Certification is expected in 2023.

The eDA40 is designed to be an excellent electric circuit trainer and is based on an industry leading training model, the DA40.

• Total flight time is expected to be up to 90 minutes as the battery technology evolves
  • Operating costs are expected to be reduced by up to 40% compared to traditional piston aircraft
  • Battery module will be equipped with a DC fast charging system, capable of turning around a depleted aircraft in under 20 minutes
  • Standard Garmin G1000 NXi glass cockpit

My opinion

Although 90 minutes is a rather short flight time, I’m impressed by Diamond for developing an aircraft that has to the ability of being reloaded in 20 minutes! With the improvement of batteries and the ongoing climate change, I’m sure that this is a step closer to the future of zero emission flights. So why we don’t represent it Infinite Flight?

What’s your opinion? Feel free to comment below!

Bonus video

Website

I love it when people copy and paste the exact text from a company website and try to pass it off as their own and not give proper credit or citations to the actual author. Way to steal someone else’s article.

Also, this aircraft is still in heavy R&D and is not even slated for test flights until late 2022 and initial production slated for late 2023 into 2024. I’m not going to waste one of my few votes for an aircraft that is still a concept being researched and developed. Maybe when it is actually being flown by civilians.

4 Likes

Word for word from the manufactures website. 0 effort to make it your own.

Though this says photos. I still believe stealing 100% from the website is 100% wrong and truthfully should have to be written in the rules. Should be common since.

As much as I support and love GA and Dimond, I would like to see a revision of this topic or wait until when we actually have it IRL.

1 Like

I forgot it okay? It’s obvious that I didn’t write this text 😂

Well done mate! You have been promoted to a mini mod ;)

Instead of blaming people that they’re stealing texts, just write a quick reminder of giving credits 🤷🏽‍♂️

1 Like

Lol, man I didn’t take it that far. This guy took it to the next level. 😂 I was just making a statement follow by my explanation for not voting.

Congrats you have been promoted to someone who plagiarizes.

More common since than everything. It was extremely obvious purely because it was taken 100% from their website with 0 edits. People don’t take kindly to stealing their content.

Truly you don’t just forget and copy the entire website article about it the plane. It’s not right nor ok.

Anyhew happy you fixed it and saw ur mistake. I’ll vote for this when I see it IRL.

You really don’t have other problems in life 😂

1 Like

Batteries are very polluting to make and in at least the United States runs off coal power to charge. ICEs that run on hydrogen is the truly green route

1 Like

On October 12, the manufacturer said the eDA40 model is expected to make a first flight during the second quarter of 2022 and complete type certification in 2023.

Source

Sounds really interesting though.

2 Likes

OP Requested Closure