Hello guys! I am working towards becoming IFATC. It would be greatly appreciated if you could come whenever I am open! Please leave me some feedback as I am new to this.
Hello everyone! I’m going to open at LFBO any second! Would appreciate it if you could swing by and leave me with some feedback.
Services - Ground & Tower
LFBO is now open
Can’t help you Devin!
No worries Gabriel!
@powdarrmonkey sorry for the go around! He disappeared right when I sent it 😅
I’m going to close in about 5 mins!
On my way.
@USA_ATC sorry, I had to close.
Hi I was VIGGY, my bad I came too late, I had to leave earlier
- when I reported full stop, no need to say, “alerady cleared to land… avoid… unecesary reprots” because I was just telling ATC that I was on full stop, which is allowed when doing patterns. The only time where a pilot should not report full stop, is when they were already “cleared to land”. In this case, “cleared for the option” allows a pilot to report full stop if they want to.
Thank you! I was debating whether or not to do that. I didn’t do that with @powdarrmonkey and I did it with you to see what was right. 🙂
thats ok tag me when you open up next!
Will do, thank you!
Hi, G-PMKY here.
You’ve got a good foundation already. Minor points:
- Don’t wait to give a sequence. Sequencing in good time is important when there is more than one aircraft in the pattern, so that everybody knows who they’re expected to follow.
- You should normally be giving clearances “for the option” for pattern aircraft; this authorises the pilot to make a touch and go, stop and go, low approach or full stop at their discretion. (This is why BB21 was asking for a takeoff clearance after landing, because they wanted to touch and go but you had only cleared them to land.)
- The go-around was good - yes, I was deliberately quite close behind to see if you were on the ball!
- As Vignesh says, a full stop call after clearance for the option is just a courtesy call so you know they’ll be exiting the runway this time.
It’s looking good, keep it up and pay attention to these details.
Wow, that’s quite the feedback! Thank you so much!
Please remember to update your topic title when you close.
Oh yeah thanks 😅
Open at LFBO right now - Tower and ground
@USA_ATC I’m open now