Device to consult

I will buy a new device for infinite flight. Is the Samsung Tab A7 a suitable device?

You can have a look on here

1 Like

Edit: Disregard what I said
The A7 has a 32bit processor so you won’t be able to use Infinite Flight 21.2 or anything else that comes later.

We can help you find a good device, are you definitely only looking for Android or would you be interested in an iOS device? Also, what is your preferred budget?

Just to clarify on this, the Tab A does NOT have a 32 Bit processor, it has a 64 Bit processor.

The problem is that the instruction set and the version of Android that Samsung uses on the tablet is 32 bit, which makes it incompatible.

The Tab A tablets as a whole have been very hit and miss, as to why Samsung has deliberately limited their performance is beyond me.

Looking at some other alternatives, the Tab S5e and the S6 lite are both highly competent tablets that can be had for a small increase over the Tab A. You could always consider a second hand device.

3 Likes

Could it be the lenovo Tab M10? 64bit device has 4gb ram. My budget is 1600 Turkish Lira

The M10 is a really underpowered device and you won’t get good performance with it.

The Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 is a few years old but still performs really well, you might be able to get that within budget. It works out at around £140 or $180 rounded up, which you are going to struggle to get a good new device with. As I mentioned above, it might be worth looking at a second hand device

2 Likes

Can you recommend a good device around $200?

This is what they are recommending to you, it’s $180 and this put to Turkish Lira is 1600 (rounded up) so it’s within your budget :)

How many years does it have on average according to you?

Looking at the device compatibility thread it can run Infinite Flight very well with good graphics:

Hardware : Snapdragon 835, 6GB

Rendering Quality : High
3D Object Density : High
Rendering Resolution : High
Texture quality : High
Anti-Aliasing : On
Frame Rate : 30FPS
Airplane Count : High

Notes : Truly great android tablet for a much cheaper price than underpowered ios counterparts, keyboard integration is incredibly handy. Beautiful display paired with fast internals brings a smooth flying experience

1 Like

It was released in 2018 so it would be around 3 years old.

Thank you, I think I will buy this model, my friend. Take care, stay with aviation.😊

1 Like

No problem @fyurtger05, happy to help :)

Have a good day/night!

1 Like

The Tab A7 is 100% compatible with IF 21.2 and it handles it very well.

hi again, I looked on the internet, but there are no zeros, I can’t trust second hands. Do you think its place would be Samsung Tab S6 Lite?

The Samsung Tab S6 Lite is another really great device, here are the recommended settings for it:

Hardware : Exynos 9610 processor 4GB

Rendering Quality : High
3D Object Density : High
Rendering Resolution : High
Texture quality : High
Anti-Aliasing : On
Frame Rate : 30FPS
Airplane Count : Very High

Notes : When there’s a big crowd at an airport I suggest turning off Anti-Alising, because it could get laggy, but if your at an airport with fewer people it works perfectly.

1 Like

I gave up on it I’m thinking of buying Samsung tab S6 lite because it will have longer life.

If your willing to pay for the slightly higher price then I would say go for it and as you have already said it will probably last longer :)

1 Like

I glad to hear that news. It will be more efficient for me.

1 Like

That’s good to hear! If you have any other concerns feel free to shoot me a pm or you can message me here!

1 Like