Device heating up issue

Graphics settings all on low, anti-aliasing off, 30 fps, low power mode on, brightness set to lowest

Had 100% charge while taking off, less than 1 hour into flight…battery is 80% and device heats up like crazy

Using a 2018 iPad, is it not compatible or optimised anymore for the 2018 iPad?

3 Likes

Hi there! I recommend keeping your iPad on a charger the whole flight. I always charge my phone while in-flight. Even though it heats up, it will still be at 100%. Hope this helps for you. :)

3 Likes

Charging generates heat, so it may do more harm than good considering OP is already concerned about heat. It can also lead to overcharging, which is harmful to the battery health.
I’d suggest restarting the device prior to a long haul to make sure you don’t have much running in the background, as well as maybe enabling low power mode to make the OS disable background tasks like mail fetch. You should also remove anything that covers the back of the device, as this is the primary spot for heat exchange.

2 Likes

It would heat up more to a point where i cant hold the device…

There is nothing covering, no apps on the background…i dont think restarting would help

The heating up is random…sometimes theres absolutely no heat…but this is rare…most of the times it gets extremely hot

1 Like

Same here! Able to reproduce-iPhone 12 Pro Max. iOS 15.2

1 Like

Im on the latest iPad OS as well…i have tried everything including reinstalling the app

1 Like

Me too I even re-start my device before every flight,yet it’s crazily over-heating

1 Like

Yes, as some people have said i would recommend you to let the iPad constantly charching when doing a flight one infinite flight, to use low battery you can also set your camera on “Free Mode” then you will stay at the same place and it will not constatly charge new scenery ;)

Hope it helps, have a good day!

2 Likes

Oh…do you have issues where the ground is not visible randomly? After the recent update im facing this issue where the for eg: when taking off the runway is not visible for a particular view like cockpit view and its just grass

1 Like

The free mode is something i would try…charging over heats the device…i tried

1 Like

Yes, i really advise you too. With charging i never had over heats, set the luminosity at the lowest and you should be good!

1 Like

The charging i set brightness full low and auto brightness off…still heats…dosent heat sometimes (rarely)

1 Like

Well, okay that’s can be then. By all means, i hope the free mode will help you, i think there is not other things to do regarding this heating issue.

I wish you a good one!

1 Like

Nope,I’ve had no such issue

1 Like

Hello!

A device that warms up during load is not something to be alarmed about. There’s a reason why there’s fans in a computer case.

Try any game with advanced 3D modeling for a longer period of time and you’ll quickly notice that your device heats up :)

Hey, but this is when the graphics settings are all on low…is that normal? Or is my device not able to handle?

1 Like

Also, if you are using cellular data, switch to wifi. Data eats your battery and heats up your ipad a lot

At least it does for me

My iPad is wifi only…soo yea only wifi usage

1 Like

Alright. Thanks for clarifying :)

1 Like