Device Compatibility Thread- Built By Us For You!

Overall, would you call an iPad Air 2 a good device? As the over-Heating can be sorted by using low power in infinite flight settings.

I got the iPhone 7 plus

It turns out Nexus 6p on android 8.0 is compatible. It actually has little to no lag, which i guess is good for a phone that is from 2015. I would recommend using it, but you can’t buy it anymore. It works just fine.

Something I want to say as I have seen some misunderstanding regarding this topic:

This list does not contain every single Global-compatible device. Those are just the devices which most of the community members use and have got information on how well they perform. If you see a device that is not up there, it does not mean that this specific device is not supported. If we would list all of them, the list would be very, very long as there’s lots of Android devices out there that are compatible with the Global update.

I use an iPad air 2 myself since February 2017. Yes, it does overheat if you just leave it sitting with no brightness down or anything. I find it runs way better than my iPhone X and it can handle more than 4 planes on screen. However, at very and at only very busy airports you have to turn antialiasing off as your device gets older. Other than that, works perfectly at the highest settings you can think of. So yes, I would recommend it but not as much as something like the ipad pro 2018.

Thanks for the advice

That’s good to hear that it would support the Galaxy S9 apps phone.

This is my review of how the Google Pixel 3 (64GB Variant) performs…

Device: Google Pixel 3
Rendering Quality: High
Rendering Resolution: High
Texture Quality: High
Anti-Aliasing: On
Limit Framerate: Off (I keep it on, its really personal preference, should be fine if its off)
Airplane Count: Very High
GeekBench Scores: 2395, 8344
Notes: A very powerful phone that runs Infinite Flight extremely well, I reckon its one of the best phones to play Infinite Flight on. In the top right and left corners there is a very very slight cutoff from some text, but it does not affect anything. (Maybe your OCD…)

Iphone 7 review

device : Iphone 7 128gb

setting for IF
Rendering Quality: High
Rendering Resolution: High
Texture Quality: High
Anti-Aliasing: On
Limit Framerate: On
Airplane Count: Very High

Notes This is one beast of a device and can tackle this game easily even though its a 2+ year old and still fairly expensive at 699.89USD and £549 its one of the best Iphones you can bye. Only issue i would say is the screen size is a bit small but still does the job. Anything with IOS feel free to message me!

iPhone 7 for Infinite Flight

Did you guys fix the XR?

I’ve got it added for you ;)

Thank you!

Device: Huawei Mate 20 Pro
RAM: 6GB
Graphics setting: all high with no lag

In my opinion this is the best phone for IF. Crystal clear images, ultra fast. Can easily tackle any graphic intense games!

Sony XZ1 Compact (G8441)

OS : Android 8.0 (will be receiving Android 9 Pie update)
Rendering Quality : High
Rendering Resolution : High
Texture quality : High
Anti-Aliasing : On
Limit framerate : On (runs fine although a little hot off)
Airplane count : Very High
GeekBench Scores : 1927, 6551
Notes : This is the smaller version of Sony’s 2017 flagship, the XZ1. This phone is a great all-rounder for people who want a small device, with a 4.6" screen, that still has flagship-grade specs (albeit from 2017, with a Snapdragon 835, which is still much powerful enough). Runs Infinite Flight perfectly and smoothly in the busiest of airports and on long flights without requiring a restart prior to playing, glitches are a rarity - only one I’ve noticed is a black bar replacing the throttle for a split second. It heats up while running IF and charging. The design might be a little “blocky” for some people, but it is comfortable to hold, has great battery life and the screen has decent clarity/PPI. It runs Sony’s Xperia Home, which is very close to stock Android with a few added customisations. Can be found for around US$370, £300 or AU$500. If the design or performance is an issue, look out for deals on this year’s XZ2 Compact with a 5" screen.

May I also put a do not buy warning out there:
Do not purchase the iPad Mini (1st Generation) for Infinite Flight, or for anything for that matter as it is stuck on iOS 10. I used to own one (prior to the release of Global) and it would struggle to load the app and crash upon loading into multiplayer on medium settings. On low settings, it would routinely lag at airports with more than a couple aircraft, and would overheat. It was an absolutely horrible experience, and you can definitely find better value Android tablets out there. Otherwise I would recommend the iPad Mini 4 as it seems Apple will not be updating the Mini lineup.

Well… that is a 6 year old device, it’s not that surprising that it can barely run IF.
There are rumors about an iPad Mini 5, so I would wait to get a Mini. And, if you can’t wait, and the smaller size isn’t super important for you, the iPad 2018 is cheaper and more powerful.

Yeah well I owned the device pre-global. And even then, it was trash.

There have been rumours about the Mini 5 for a while now. Apple previously updated the iPad Mini ever year, but hasn’t done so for the past 3 years which is a shame tbh.

Samsung tab 4 10" is good or no

Phone

If it is Samsung it better have an S in front of the number now…or it is still only a 32 bit device… which l know the capabilities of still using in IF all too well now !