Device Compatibility Thread 22.3 - Built By Us For You!

How many hours is considered long haul? My longest flight was EGLL-KORD with 7h, 55m air time.

1 Like

If I may update my review on the Google Pixel 3, that’d be great!

Google Pixel 3 Review:

Hardware : Snapdragon 845, 4GB
Rendering Quality: Ludicrous
Texture Quality: High
Anti-Aliasing: On
Limit Framerate: Off
Airplane Count: Very High
GeekBench Scores: 2395 / 8344
Notes: The Google Pixel 3 is a stock Android phone giving you the best experience on Android. The phone runs super smooth with the highest graphics on everything. The Pixel 3 is super powerful, enabling you to fly into busy FNF airports with airplane count on high, every time.

4 Likes

I am not sure for how long IF can be optimized to run on both new and older devices, as the saying goes “the more devices get better the more stuff get added”

IF is unplayable on my old 2014 Tablet but I upgraded to 2018 iPad 6th gen which runs smoothly on high graphic settings with Limit Frame Rate turned On but I still need to clear my RAM every now and then otherwise the App crashes.

with the upcoming updates especially clouds i wonder how devices can handle it? unless they add an option to turn off clouds.

1 Like

Hello
I have a IPad Mini 2 with the IOS version 12.3.1
I don’t know what’s wrong with my IPad as I saw that in ur table it says IPad Mini 2 can run IF smoothly, when mine can’t. It’s on the lowest graphics settings including on low for plane count while on live. Then during flights it will crash or an alert will pop up saying too much data usage restart your game or device. Does anyone know what I can do to fix these apparent issues. Thanks

2 Likes

I used to have the iPad mini 2 and had these errors. What settings run best so I can update it?

1 Like

@TheFlyingGuy1 @Ben2610 As far as I can tell, Infinite Flight has gotten more and more performance-hungry recently. That review was probably written a couple updates ago.
The iPad Mini 2 is a 6 year old device with a 6 year old A7 chip, so you can’t really expect it to holdup very well on modern, graphically intensive games like Infinite Flight.
I would put it on the lowest settings possible and clear the RAM before each flight (hold down on the power button until the shutdown slider pops up, then hold down on the home button until the menu goes away). If it still crashes and lags, there’s not much you can do outside of buying a new device.

3 Likes

Ok I’ll add that

1 Like

Why’d you add my name? I don’t have the iPad Mini 2.

1 Like

It’s because you helped for the info. Would you like me to remove it.

1 Like

Thanks for ur help

2 Likes

@Justin0623 What is the longest flight you have been able to do with an iPhone 6?

Thanks in advance,
Cpt_Scott.

1 Like

I have a question can i edit this thread if someone else gives me information about their device?

2 Likes

You can I believe since I can’t.

I use the Samsung Galaxy A40.

I can’t get the stats easily and quickly now.

Picture? Not provided my data will go down massively 😂

Notes: Works on full graphics, except from Anti-Aliasing. Medium graphics for Live Cockpit aircraft.

3 Likes

Hey i can edit it in for you can you send me information as shown above and i will edit it… You can send it on PM or here :D

2 Likes

Maybe another time as I’m in a foreign country using data

2 Likes

Okay no worries.

2 Likes

Hey I’m trying to look for a android tablet that is less the 2 years old and can run IF on the best settings that us under 500$? I’ve looked at some and saw reviews and there 🤷‍♂️ so any advice anyone?

1 Like

I’ve heard the Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 is amazing. Exactly $500, can run all settings on high easily.

1 Like

Yeah, with Android tablets your best bet is going to be a Galaxy Tab.

1 Like

Just a random thought. I own an iPhone 6S. It worked amazing, just as described as in this thread, until about 2 weeks ago. From then on, any flight above 2 hours would heat the phone up significantly. I did some long hauls this week, and by 2 hours it was very warm to the touch, however by the time I started descending it hadn’t gotten warmer. I didn’t experience performance issues/lag but by the time I land it’s usually concerningly hot. I fly on night mode, lowest brightness, and low power mode. My phone has plenty of storage available, not sure what’s happening lately.

3 Likes