Device Compatibility Thread 22.3 - Built By Us For You!

iPad Pro 12.9” - 2021 Model with Cellular

Opening Statement-
I got my iPad Pro 12.9” (2021) today; loving it so far but, in my opinion, it doesn’t make Infinite Flight look or run much much different at all when compared to my iPad Pro 11” other than some colors are richer and darker colors are deeper and 60fps is smooth. Netflix and HDR videos look richer and there’s no grayish tones that can be found on previous generations which is really cool. Music/Audio also sounds richer and full which was long overdue.

Infinite Flight Review-
My Setup:
• Settings/Graphics/Textures- Maxed out
• Frame Rate- 60fps
• Aircraft Count- Very High
• No lag, no stuttering or jittering (seen all types of descriptions here on IFC) at a busy FNF YSSY spotting session

Pros-
• 7GB GPU and the M1 Chip, enough said…
• Mini-LED screen looks great when editing 2K and 4K or while watching Netflix
• Audio is an upgrade and has more power than previous generations although I still prefer ear pods
• WiFi is strong even with a half decent signal
• HDR content looks amazing
• 5G cellular… finally 😏

Cons-
• External display output even with Thunderbolt under delivers yet again, yes, streaming IF from an iPad is still light years behind
• PadOS 14.5.1 lacks various features and isn’t robust enough to bolster the iPad Pro (2021), I sure hope Apple has some big plans for OS15 otherwise it’s quite disappointing
• Camera location is terrible still
• Screen brightness is still disappointing when outside
• Price, for another $100-$200 over previous generation iPads, this iPad is a bit costly for most budgets
• Adaptive Touch and adding a mouse; the pointer options and modifications are weak, Apple needs to improve on this for users like me that hook up a Bluetooth mouse, the circle with an outline is 😑
• It’s a high performance iPad because it has an M1 chip but it isn’t a laptop or the MacBook so don’t expect anymore from it

Overall, this tablet will serve me well in my field of work out on job sites while marking up PDFs and filling out test forms; the processing power is plentiful for editing and gaming plus the 5G cellular option is great when I’m working in cities. I understand that costs have gone up, but for $1300, the device is way overpriced. If you are on a strict budget, buy an Android phone/tablet or an Apple model phone/tablet from 2019 or newer and they’ll serve you just as fine without skipping your rent/mortgage payment for a month. It’s just an iPad so don’t expect to do some magic or take the world by storm.

Have a great weekend everyone,
Levet

@Dan_77, please reprimand me if this is the wrong way to provide device feedback. I need that once in awhile!

12 Likes