Device Compatibility Thread 22.3 - Built By Us For You!

Thanks for the help!

1 Like

Oh I just haven’t used it as I can use my iPad (don’t need it for school)

1 Like

Yeah, I do mainly use my iPad, but I like that I just got a bigger phone so I can play when I don’t have my iPad.

I am deciding whether I should buy the 7th generation iPad or the iPad Air 3, both the latest models. Which do you guys think is best to run Infinite Flight smoothly? Thanks!

I should keep it off? It says my phone might overheat.

Would an iPhone 11 Pro be a good phone for this?

1 Like

I currently own a iPhone 11 Pro Max. I have tried IF out on it a few times just to see how well it goes and if you were to base possible gameplay on benchmark and specs then this phone is highly capable of running IF perfectly fine and smooth with settings on high.

I tried it out as I said, besides the specifications, yes, from personal use it works flawlessly. Although now since Update 19.4, and the current App Crash Issue, does limit for flights longer than 15-20hrs for most people with a iOS device with 4GB RAM.

On the other hand even with the App Crash issue being unsolved as of now, you can on medium to high settings, Anti-Aliasing OFF, Limit Frame Rate ON, and fly long haul flights, no problem.

I would say, as time goes by, and eventually with iOS14 being released this tear, we can hope for the bugs of iOS13 to be mostly or to a majority solved with the iPhone 11 Pro Max still being a leader in the phone market late this year in terms of pure performance power.

1 Like

A great response @Captain_JR thank you very much. I will take into the account the suggestions for long haul flights to prevent against crashes

1 Like

I probably don’t need to say this, but in case someone is wondering:

Device: OnePlus 7 Pro
Hardware: Snapdragon 855, 6/8/12GB RAM
Rendering Quality: High
Rendering Resolution: High
Texture Quality: High
Anti-Aliasing: On
Limit framerate: Off
Airplane count: Very High
GeekBench Scores: 3587/11429
Notes: The fastest phone I have ever used. This thing doesn’t lag and doesn’t get warm, no matter how much you throw at it. The display is insane!

2 Likes

I’ve just bought the s8+ because I was disappointed with my a40.l just wanted to ask which setting should I put for airplane count because it’s not on there.

1 Like

@Infinite_aviation1 I usually have mine set to medium at busy airports or high when there’s 1 - 2 planes.

Do you have the s8+?

1 Like

Yes :) It’s runs the simulator really well, I’ve had the device for 2 years now, brillant device.

1 Like

Anyone have any good comments about the iPhone 8+?

1 Like

Well does lag a bit when you’re on busy airports?

I’m on Android team, sorry :)

3 Likes

It will on occasion. I will normally have all graphics on 2x high and 1x on medium just to balance the device better. The lag is not bad at all. I also use a S9+ and that device lags in busy airports. Sometimes I do believe it’s a server issue. A lot of players in one area, not always a device issue. But that’s my opinion :)

2 Likes

Which setting is the best for 2x high and 1x medium?

It’s a personal preference. I do it to make sure that IF can run as best as it can on my device. No two devices are the same.

I would play around with the graphics settings to see what settings work best for you. As well it all depends what you’ll be doing on IF, ATC controlling, flying all the time, long hauls etc.

Here is a screenshot of my current graphics:

2 Likes

Oh thx imma try that out

1 Like