Device Compatibility Thread 21.2 - Built By Us For You!

Uh it can I used to have an iPhone 6s and it ran with high everything

I think that I am going to buy the Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 4G version since it says that the new version 2 has the Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 5G chipset! So performance-wise is should be tied with the 5G version. When I get my hands on the new device I will let you guys know and stress-test the device. But I expect it to be similar in performance to the 5G! And I will also publish the specs and the graphic settings!

1 Like

Then spontaneously combusted. I wouldn’t expect a 7 year old chipset to run the sim very well today. I have an old 1st gen SE (same chipset) and it doesn’t like it very much, and even 20 minutes of use just about killed the battery and fried my hands.

1 Like

5G is just for cellular networks. Doesn’t have to do with any performance boost

1 Like

Remember how dev team announced the new minimal spec to play just basic Infinite Flight? That was recently. But I’m just wondering what will be the forecasted minimal CRG Combo (CPU-RAM-GPU) in the future that will be required before they release all lights, introduce real clouds, animate all ground services to work!

Anyways, what do you guys think about this new device I’m planning to buy for now, nevermind the brand, its CRG Combo is:

CPU: Qualcomm SM8250-AC Snapdragon 870
RAM: 8GB
GPU: Adreno 650

Pretty sure this matches some of yall’s high ends? Or is this considered a mid end?
Looking forward to all highs in the settings with this if possible…

1 Like

It seems decent enough for me with the SD870 chipset!

1 Like

it’s the same as the S20 FE just the chipset is somewhat different!

1 Like

Mine could probably cook an egg, if you gave it an hour

Haven’t actually tried, but it sure felt like it could

Spot on! That’s what I thought too.

It's the Poco F3, way cheaper.

Held it in my palm at the store and had permission to install Infinite Flight to test it, but alas at the time it wasn’t free like now so the other option was to log in to my existing one using my google account - but refrained, because it was just to test all the high settings first before I buy. So no testing, no buy lol.

Downside: Pocos are actually Xiaomi, none of their phones have direct non-latency output to cast on larger screen.

Compare Samsung Galaxy S20 FE vs. Xiaomi Poco F3 - GSMArena.com

The stats for both phones is very similar!

1 Like

I don’t know so much about other brands such as Poco, but I know that the Snapdragon variant of Samsung phones is actually much better. But looking at the chipset of the F3 it looks like it packs more punch with a 1x3.2 GHz clock speed vs. 1.2.84 for the S20FE. But both phones have similar architecture so it is pretty much matched!

1 Like

Lol true though

I have a question? Why did my reply get removed just for telling some news about the upcoming S22? I did nothing wrong?

1 Like

My best answer is that the S22 is not a available device and thus will not benefit the thread as no one knows the true performance in Infinite Flight.

1 Like

I have a question? Is the Xiaomi Mi 11I a good device for IF and other things? Like based on the statistic it seems a very well powered device!

Alright, guys! I bought the Xiaomi Mi 11i and I tested it with some small patterns, I am going to post the phone guide and requirements for IF shortly!

Xiaomi Mi 11i 5G (2021)

Hardware: 8 GB LPDDR5 RAM · 256 GB Storage
Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 5G (5nm)

Rendering Quality: High
3D Object Density: High
Rendering Resolution: High
Texture Quality: High
Anti-Aliasing: On
Frame Rate: 60
Airplane Count: Very High

Notes: It runs Infinite Flight like a BOSS! It is very fast, smooth and you shall expect Stellar performance for a budget “flagship-killer” like this! It can be warm, but it’s normal when running a big and heavy game like Infinite Flight (it’s not something to impact or concern your activity)! So yeah, I would definitely and absolutely recommend this magnificent device!

Kinda random, but related, is a Raspberry Pi technically supported? I know PCs and emulators aren’t, but would a Pi classify as a PC?

If this kind of question is not allowed in this thread let me know

Considering the Pi runs ARM, you might be able to get a version of Android running on it natively. I believe there is a version of Android 8 that works on the Pi 4, but it wouldn’t be supported, and I doubt it would pass Play Protect.

I did get it running, just wondering if it’s technically supported or no