Device Compatibility Thread 21.2 - Built By Us For You!

@Infinite_aviation1 is basically spot on here, both of these devices are a significant downgrade over your S10e.

Depending on the version, it either shipped with the Snapdragon 855 or the Eynos 9820. The 865 is not a significant enough boost in performance that I would recommend getting it, which leads onto the Snapdragon 888.

Devices using this include (but are not limited to) the Samsung Galaxy S21, Xperia 1 III/ 5 III, ROG phone 5 and OnePlus 9. Now, chances are, none of these really are going to make your experience dramatically better unless you plan to also use them as a phone, rather than just for Infinite Flight.

If you’re looking exclusively for the purpose of IF, I’d recommend getting a tablet. Something like the Galaxy Tab S7 or a recent generation iPad will give a nice boost in performance whilst also giving you a nice large screen to work with.

2 Likes

can recommend as well. works perfectly.

1 Like

Thing is they both Snapdragon. The S10e is exynos and is beginning to lag abit.

My max would be $500 budget

I would say to buy an iPad 8th or iPad mini 5 or iPad Air 3 lol.
Or you can buy an iqoo 7 with the snapdragon 888😅

Do you think an Ipad air 2 would do?

No the iPad Air 2 will not run IF very well given its almost 7 years old…

1 Like

I have it, and use it, would not recommend it if there’s an option to buy a newer one. It works but only minimalistically (that’s not a word it just sounded right) :)

1 Like

If within budget and you are looking at an iPad, I would recommend the 2019 iPad Mini 5 or newer, the 2018 iPad Pro or newer, or the 2018 iPad or newer.

Try and get a new of a device as possible. It’ll be more powerful and also have a longer support span

1 Like

Ok thanks for that

I can find a Samsung tablet A 7.

Would you say I good for IF

Good evening squad thunk n dunk.

Over the next few days, I will be updating the thread bit by bit. In the meantime, if you own one of the devices listed, I would really appreciate if you could drop me a PM or a message here letting me know the settings you are using for 21.1. Many devices here, particularly iOS are outdated and haven’t been changed since 19.1.

I’m putting everything to 30FPS default, but again if you run it different, and it’s running smooth at 60fps then also let me know so I can adjust it.

Same with software versions. Let me know what version of Android/ iOS you are using.

No hurry, this will take me a few days as I will be working all week. Hopefully finished by Sunday :)

Cool beans, thanks all.

4 Likes

Heyo! I am currently using an iPad (non pro or mini) 8th Generation. It runs smoothly with the settings on 30fps, and everything high.
(I might have one setting on medium, I’ll update you on that in a few hours)

1 Like

Alright fortnite imposter amogus minecraft gamers, after several hours, some beer and shouting, the devices should, I repeat, should be fully up to date.

Here’s a brief run down of the changes

• iPhone now has it’s whole own post! Aren’t I just the nicest? In reality, the thread was rapidly running out of character space for new devices. This has now split the lists across 3 separate posts, the 1st being Android phones, 2nd being Android tablets and iPads, and the 3rd being iPhones

• Now what does this mean? More space dummy! There is now more room for a more personal description of the device and it’s performance, but keep it simple still. People don’t want to read a wall of text, hence the reason nobody reads the category rules :P

• Speaking of a wall of text, the first post has been condensed into the important stuff only, which should make it easier to navigate. This thread has been here long enough, we all know what we’re doing. Except me, as I just pretend to know.

• Device OS’sssssssss should now be mostly up to date. Apple devices are easy because the ecosystem is updated in an orderly fashion, whereas with Android many devices are still years behind, meaning some of them may not be accurate. I did Google them, promise.

• Added the new fancy rendering options, and using my big brain thonk powers, have filled them in using what I believe the device should be using. If, of course, I’ve got it wrong once again let me know so I can change it.

• A lot of this lil refresh was about making things in the thread easier to read. Removing the less important stuff, making some text bigger, adding a few spaces and gaps here, there and everywhere. Let me know if you can think of any improvements.

• I have sent some devices to the shadow realm. Unsupported ones, that is.

• Oooooh rounded corners

Once again, thanks as always to the people that DO contact me with updated info- I do this for free in my limited spare time, and there is a limit to how much info on a device I can gather, so it is always appreciated, as it really does help. Allows me to spend more time on skype with my adopted French crewmate impostor penfriend (long story).

Have a good evening.

11 Likes

iPad Pro 12.9” - 2021 Model with Cellular

Opening Statement-
I got my iPad Pro 12.9” (2021) today; loving it so far but, in my opinion, it doesn’t make Infinite Flight look or run much much different at all when compared to my iPad Pro 11” other than some colors are richer and darker colors are deeper and 60fps is smooth. Netflix and HDR videos look richer and there’s no grayish tones that can be found on previous generations which is really cool. Music/Audio also sounds richer and full which was long overdue.

Infinite Flight Review-
My Setup:
• Settings/Graphics/Textures- Maxed out
• Frame Rate- 60fps
• Aircraft Count- Very High
• No lag, no stuttering or jittering (seen all types of descriptions here on IFC) at a busy FNF YSSY spotting session

Pros-
• 7GB GPU and the M1 Chip, enough said…
• Mini-LED screen looks great when editing 2K and 4K or while watching Netflix
• Audio is an upgrade and has more power than previous generations although I still prefer ear pods
• WiFi is strong even with a half decent signal
• HDR content looks amazing
• 5G cellular… finally 😏

Cons-
• External display output even with Thunderbolt under delivers yet again, yes, streaming IF from an iPad is still light years behind
• PadOS 14.5.1 lacks various features and isn’t robust enough to bolster the iPad Pro (2021), I sure hope Apple has some big plans for OS15 otherwise it’s quite disappointing
• Camera location is terrible still
• Screen brightness is still disappointing when outside
• Price, for another $100-$200 over previous generation iPads, this iPad is a bit costly for most budgets
• Adaptive Touch and adding a mouse; the pointer options and modifications are weak, Apple needs to improve on this for users like me that hook up a Bluetooth mouse, the circle with an outline is 😑
• It’s a high performance iPad because it has an M1 chip but it isn’t a laptop or the MacBook so don’t expect anymore from it

Overall, this tablet will serve me well in my field of work out on job sites while marking up PDFs and filling out test forms; the processing power is plentiful for editing and gaming plus the 5G cellular option is great when I’m working in cities. I understand that costs have gone up, but for $1300, the device is way overpriced. If you are on a strict budget, buy an Android phone/tablet or an Apple model phone/tablet from 2019 or newer and they’ll serve you just as fine without skipping your rent/mortgage payment for a month. It’s just an iPad so don’t expect to do some magic or take the world by storm.

Have a great weekend everyone,
Levet

@kirito_77, please reprimand me if this is the wrong way to provide device feedback. I need that once in awhile!

11 Likes

Thank you Kirito for the hard work

1 Like

Perhaps ever so slightly too detailed 😂

But good to have. I’ll add the device later today when I’m home, and then I can link this review in that for people to read.

Amazing to see just how expensive that tablet was… In fact it cost more than my gaming laptop 😳

4 Likes

Hi there,
Just to confirm that my S20 FE lets me land with maxxed up settings in busy and building equiped airports with no lag at all and no particular heat.
I always have the limit frame rate option on, though and have a good connexion (Wifi and/or cellular).
Thanks for your hard work!

1 Like

@Kirito_77 thanks for updating the thread. Excellent work as usual! ✌️🛫

1 Like

can i use it on a Chromebook?

Hi @Wolfthorn , welcome to the community.

Infinite Flight isn’t officially supported on Chromebooks, although some users in the past have reported that it works, albeit with some issues. Please be warned you won’t receive any support should you try and do so.

Nothing to loose however from trying, you might find it works great!