Detroit to Kai Tak! (United [Old] B772ER)

Ah Yes, The Good Old Kai Tak! When that’s featured on the schedule, you surely don’t want to miss out! Although it may have been an absolute mess at one point when Tower wasn’t active and about 4 pilots were ghosted right after each other, it sure was fun flying the iconic Checkerboard visual approach! Decided to go Retro with the old United livery on the B772ER on an unrealistic route from Detroit to Kai Tak ✈️

Route: KDTW 🇺🇸 - VHHX 🇭🇰
Server: Expert
Flight Time: 14hrs 54mins

38 Likes

bUt AnShUl UnItEd DoEsN’t FlY tHis RoUtE

6 Likes

WeLl NoW iT DoEs So DeAl WiTh It 😝

10 Likes

I saw you flying this route! Amazing photos!

1 Like

Haha I’ve been on too many long hauls recently, Thanks for the spot and glad you liked the photos!

2 Likes

What was your call sign

Callsign = IFGA-75 (Heavy)

1 Like

I was the JAL 777 that landed as you were taxing to parking

2 Likes

I thought I had seen your name in-game today and I guess I was right! Hope you had a good one!

2 Likes

Great shot

1 Like

I’m quaking as this is so unrealistic for DTW lol, since I’ve been there over a dozen times IRL in the past.

Nice shots Anshul!

3 Likes

Realism Police do be quaking alright 🤣…Jokes aside I feel you lol! I wanted to fly the United Old Livery to Kai Tak and the other option I had was to fly from SFO but needed a longer route. So I thought why not throw realism in the 🗑 lol…Glad you like the shots though Luke! 🙌🏽

3 Likes

🤨 My realism senses are tingling

Love the photos as always Anshul!

2 Likes

Man do I love seeing DTW be active, great shots! I really like the angles of them.

realism police are out and about. watch out! lol

2 Likes

Well I promise not to tingle with them when I post here next time…Well at least I hope 😂😬✌🏽. Nonetheless Thanks a lot Bud 👊🏽

1 Like

Haha flirting with danger as they say 🤫…Glad you like the shots Kurt 🙌🏽

3 Likes

just finished my flight from Los Angeles to Kai Tak! I was a bit early with my turn but buttered. Great photos tough keep up the good work!

1 Like

I was a bit early, then a bit late and finally floated big time as I came down so yours would have definitely been better than mine had you not buttered either but I’m glad you did 🤣…Nonetheless Thanks a lot and hope you had a good one!

1 Like

I landed half way on the runway

Man the battleship grey livery looks so nice, especially with your editing, awesome work!

1 Like