Descent Tutorial

The arrival into any airport requires careful planning on the ground, in the air, and the continuous application of multiple tools to calculate your descent parameters!

Join me in the flight deck as I show you everything from employing various descent methods to communicating with ATC. Buckle up!

Descent Tools:

1. Manual Descent Calculation

Distance: Altitude to Lose / 1000 x 3
    Rate of Descent: Ground Speed x 5

2. Altitude Arc - “Banana”

3. VNAV

Click below to tune in!

thumbnail

128 Likes

Awesome tutorial! I was waiting for this one!

13 Likes

Fantastic as usual Tyler! Great job! Never knew the arc was called the banana :)

9 Likes

Another great tutorial Tyler, thanks!

7 Likes

Amazing tutorial Tyler!!

6 Likes

Very helpful, thank you Tyler!

4 Likes

Awesome tutorial Tyler! As a pilot who enjoys realism, the updated navigation system was a much desired addition that allows me to file exactly the realistic approaches and arrivals into airports!

It’s also always good to be able to do something by paper/pencil instead of relying on the computers. Thanks for going though the math in the tutorial as well! 😁

6 Likes

Another amazing tutorial Tyler, thanks!

5 Likes

Thanks Tyler, Great tutorial!

4 Likes

Fab! thanks Tyler!

2 Likes

Excellent tutorial. Very explanatory and objective.

It is clearer now that when switching from Center to Approach the pilot must directly request the approach he wants. In addition to deviating from the flight plan whenever the controller sends vectors.

Thank you very much Tyler.

5 Likes

i want a banana now

8 Likes

Haha, yes, I do love that it is called that!

🍌

3 Likes

As always Tyler, amazing!! You make the best tutorials! Amazing work on it!

1 Like

Thanks Tyler ☺️
I really am feeling proud to be a part of IFC,
With the help of which, I am seeing IF becoming so realistic…
Your tutorials are helping me a lot 😘👍🏻

4 Likes

🎶 “I’ve been waiting for this one! Turn it up”

(The words, of some song I know.)

Great tutorial Tyler!

1 Like

Talking about music, anyone know what the name is of the music Tyler use in these tutorials - trying not to get too far off topic, but it is better than creating a whole topic.

1 Like

Great tutorial as always Tyler! What’s the name of the music? I just can’t get enough of it 😂.

1 Like

So, you might as well do Altitude to Lose / 3000? Or divide the altitude to lose and then multiply by 3?

1 Like

Great job Tyler ;)