Departure SIDs EGLL

Hi all!

I have been looking through the SID (Departure) charts for EGLL (Heathrow), and I have found these curved lines that I don’t know about. Here is an example:

As you can see, the CPT (3F/3G) Departure has a curved line leading to the waypoints. I can’t seem to get around this and it is quite frustrating if I want to fly out of EGLL.

If anyone knows what it is, then it would be very helpful to reply below.

Thanks,

Flight Gamer

That line signifies that, after taking off from runway 27R/27L, you must turn ~257° to the D7 LON fix.

This is all written in the procedure routing notes:

93422D42-0101-44FC-9C4A-0BDE942655ED

1 Like

Hello! I believe you are referring to the LON VOR range, which is the range of the frequency.

EDIT: whoops. I see the little red square. Never mind.

@Nathan

Could you show me an example of a flight plan which indicates that? I don’t really understand.

Thanks.

I would show you an example of the SID you showed above but those waypoints aren’t in game.

Here’s just a rough idea of what it would look like:

1DD2805D-6515-40C8-844A-28579A925A98

You would fly straight out from both runways until you are bearing 257° to the next waypoint (D7 LON) but it’s GWC35 in this example.

Thanks @Nathan that was very helpful!

You’re welcome. Glad to help!

If you still need any further understanding on SIDs, STARs, and IAPs, I recommend checking out the tutorials below:

Though primarily focused on US charts, the concepts are pretty much the same for charts from other non-US airports.

My inbox is always open if you need assistance. I’ll try to help you as much as I can.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.