DenverChris (IFATC) ATC Tracking Thread [CLOSED]

Would love some feedback on my controlling. Especially interested in getting more experience with more complex pattern work!

See recent replies in thread for info on where I am currently controlling (if applicable).

Thanks for joining and taking the time to provide feedback!

UPDATE: I just passed my IFATC practical test and am now part of IFATC. 😀 I am leaving this thread open at least for a while as a means to continue to seek feedback and improve. See you on expert!

3 Likes

OPEN: EDDF @ 07:15Z for about 30 min - tower and ground
EDIT: Closed @ 08:13Z. Don’t know if it had anything to do with this thread but appreciate the turn out for anyone that might see this!
NOTE: Opening briefly at EDDF in case any of the current inbounds find this thread and want to give feedback. Will be open until about 07:45Z. Will do a more formal open with longer availability soon.

1 Like

If you open now (EDDL), I will try to get some people to fly for you. Let me know…

I would be also happy to attend :)

2 Likes

Awesome. Will open in 10 minutes!

2 Likes

OPEN: EDDL starting now. Will plan to be open for about 45 minutes (until ~ 20:30Z). Will be controlling tower & ground.
EDIT: CLOSED

NOTAMS:

• Landing / departing 05R / 05L.
  • Pattern work encouraged!
2 Likes

Two things I want to point out.

1. There is no need to tell “Enter right DWN runway 05r…” when I stay on the same runway.

2. I didn’t touch down when you send me exit runway when able

Good job overall. Keep it up!!

3 Likes

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for participating! Really appreciate it.

Thanks for pointing out that I don’t need to provide pattern entry instructions each time. I just rewatched part of the “Perfect ATC Test” video and I missed that. Will definitely make life easier for me and reduce radio traffic. Also clearer for pilots since that is the expectation.

Good feedback on the timing for the exit direction. I have typically tried to issue almost immediately after touchdown once I see the AC decelerating. Sounds like I was much earlier than that for you. I will change to provide exit instructions later in the rollout.

Thanks again!

Chris

1 Like

When you see the speed is below 100kts, then you should give exit clearence 😉

1 Like

…or even better: turn on your volume loud enough, so you can hear when the aircraft has finished with reversing his engines. I normally aim for 60 - 50 kts.

1 Like

I am working toward joining IFATC and have been working with a IFATC member. Would love feedback!!

OPEN: EGKK starting now (0120Z). Will plan to be open for 45 - 60 minutes provided there is traffic.
EDIT: CLOSED (no traffic)

NOTAMS:

• Landing and departing 26L & 26R. Note that 26R is shorter at 8300’ but still long enough for A320s, etc.
  • Pattern work encouraged.
  • Non pattern work happily accepted.

Feel free to provide feedback on this thread or via private message.

OPEN: EGKK. Will plan to be open for 45 - 60 minutes provided there is traffic.
EDIT: CLOSED. Thanks to all who joined!

NOTAMS:

• Landing and departing 26L & 26R. Note that 26R is shorter at 8300’ but still long enough for A320s, etc.

1 Like

OPEN: KMHR (Sacramento). Will plan to be open for 45 - 60 minutes provided there is traffic.
EDIT: CLOSED for no traffic. Will open earlier next time.

NOTAMS:

• Landing and departing 16L and 16R.

Oh man i couldve came!

Thanks appreciate it. Next time!

1 Like

OPEN: EDDL on TS. Will be open for an hour provided there is traffic.

NOTAMS:
Landing / departing 5R / 5L
Pattern work encourage

1 Like

I will be there
indicative IBERIA 34

Thank you for joining. That was definitely the most amount of traffic I have had to deal with while also working with a lot of pattern traffic.

Thanks to everyone for joining!! Some work to do the better handle traffic at that scale.

1 Like

OPEN: EGCC on TS. Will be open until 0130Z provided there is some traffic.

Please send feedback to my trainer @RTG113.

NOTAMS:

• Landing / departing 23R / 23L
  • 23R is preferred for full stop landings since 23L requires back taxing on landing.

Thank you!

1 Like

Hey Chris, I poped in to say Hello. Good Job out there! Kinda late for me. I’m off to bed :) Ofcourse if there was anything wrong I would mention it but Not hehe. Hope to see you control @ TS more often. Blue Skies

1 Like