Denver International Airport (Brief Spotting Trip)

As I sit in the “Final Approach” parking lot waiting for a family member to land, I can only wish that I had brought my T6i. 😭 I apologize for the horrible quality photos. But as you can see, the weather isn’t the nicest. Currently at 1452Z it is 37F to its the cloud bases at 400ft. Made for an opportunity for the aircraft to disappear rather quickly. It was a nonstop roll of aircraft departing runway 25. Anyways, gotta go to the terminal now. Have a great day everyone! 🛫

Photos taken with iPhone 6+

18 Likes

That’s IMC like YSRI yesterday 😂

2 Likes

Shame about the weather, they’re great pics that would be even better is there wasn’t rain on the lens!
I love the cafe/whatever it is called Final Approach

I was just in that parking lot two weeks ago. I’m glad you got to see the “FlyFrontier” A320-214 though 😍. Thanks for this spotting thread. We need to see more from you…just maybe in better conditions than IMC lol. But still incredible photos!
And that parking lot parallel to RWY7-RWY25 is absolutely beautiful. I love sitting there. It’d almost as good as flying itself ;).

I’m heading up there right now to pick up a friend as we speak. Small world.

4 Likes

You are one lucky dude. Hope you see some amazing jets.

That actually runway 7/25

I meant to say 7 (facepalm)…I originally had 7-25 but I thought I’d put “RWY” in and my mind went back on autopilot and inserted 6. My apologies lol now I’m embarrassed to be a denverite and make that mistake .

1 Like

My phone kept focusing on the raindrops. But, I missed the flight from DEN to SFO on the 777 taking off. ☹️

2 Likes

If I take any I’ll post them here as well. Snow is intensifiying so it may be tougher.

1 Like

Sounds good. More photos are welcome. I just got back home to have the driveway is covered in snow. Got about 4 inches. 😑

2 Likes

Don’t you love the snow here? It almost broke our fruit trees. But at least planes can still land.

2 Likes

Ahh, they’re switching departures to the 16’s. Still see what I can get, but likely not much. At least vis has improved from 1 km to about 2, so that’s an improvement.

1 Like

Visibility aspect, thats a good thing. It was pretty bad earlier.

1 Like

It’s still not any good, but better than it was 20 minutes ago. The snow is now more of rain, which is also a plus.

3 Likes

Consider my journey a failure. iPhones take crap photos, did see some neat stuff. 777 with a 787 behind it holding short of 25, and a Icelandair 757 on the hard stand. Couldn’t really get photos of them, but there are my best efforts.

I may go back with my Sony into the employe lot and try to capture 25 departures.

2 Likes

Dunno why but that FedEx looks like an a350 to me 😂

Maybe the raccoon eyes?

lol ikr. Snow in Colorado and in may is like WTF :) Also great photos btw.

Haha I didn’t take nay of these photos. But I’m glad you enjoy what the creator of this thread has to offer :)

Lol I as replying about the snow lmao. I just said great photos to complement @DeerCrusher :) lol