Denver FNF Procedures for 10/2

IMPORTANT FNF INFORMATION

You are all invited to our first annual Infinite Flight Summit held during this week’s FNF at Aspen-Pitkin County Airport (KASE) in Denver, CO. The IFAA has provided summit arrival procedures which shall be followed. The only approved routes will be from Denver Int’l and Colorado Springs Municipal Airport. Weather forecasts predict quick deterioration in visibility and high winds over the Aspen Mountains. All pilots are encouraged to check weather prior to departure and be ready to execute the missed approach or divert procedures. Will you land, try again, or divert for safety? The decision is yours to make!

We will be using IF Procedures for all legs to provide an organized and realistic experience. For the event, these routes will be the ONLY authorized routes in the region. Full ATC will be available to implement and assist with procedures. Expect holding during peak arrival times for congestion. Failure to follow instructions will lead to ghosting. It is recommended you take notes on the procedures or save on a second device.

Keep it realistic, follow the procedures, and stay tuned for the official IF event post!

For more event preparations, check out: facebook.com/groups/iffg

14 Likes

Very nice FPL’s Tyler.

@StikLover2 are you going to be manning KASE ;) just yanking your chain

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

@StikLover2 you’ll love ASE after all, you’ll sure have an app

It is not an official thing but I would like to build an official IFAA someday. I want the announcement to simulate the actual announcement you would see for real world events where the FAA creates these sort of procedures.

The divert is if you can’t safely land at the original destination, KASE, you will then follow the procedures to KEGE.

2 Likes

@Tyler_Shelton, not pinned globally this time?

I think David’s event gets pinned globally, then he includes a link to Tyler’s procedures? I’m not really sure

@Tyler_Shelton I just have one question why didn’t you use the actual approach for KASE straight down from the DBL VOR? Just out of curiosity.

1 Like

We tried to use what was most in line with what users could request. I think putting in the procedures that it was a VOR approach, although the only option in game is to request an ILS approach, would’ve caused confusion. I hope to see more approach options added in the near future so we can branch out and dive into more realistic full procedure approaches.

3 Likes

@Tyler_Shelton
At what time? (GMT)

Wow, gutsy move Mav!

This should be interesting…😄

An 9 hour period starting at 21:00BST/20:00GMT. Goes on till the early morn.

what time EST?

I think that it is 0100-1000EST.

1 Like

How to keep it realistic, when no departures are allowed???

These are the October 2nd FNF Procedures. David will post the actual event and event times tomorrow.

1 Like