Denver Airport to receive Copa Airlines Flights Soon

(Not my words) DEN is excited to announce that Copa Airlines will begin nonstop service from Denver to Panama City, Panama beginning Dec. 11!

The new service will operate four times a week on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays. The flight is scheduled to arrive at DEN at 4:12 p.m. and depart DEN at 10:30 p.m. It will operate using a Boeing 737-800 with 154 seats.

Currently, more than 30 passengers a day fly between Denver and Panama, and demand to Central and South America totals nearly 700 passengers per day. Copa’s nonstop flight will enable Denver passengers to arrive in Panama up to two to three hours faster than on other airlines.

@Ben first we get Norwegian now we are getting Copa! Ya gotta love Denver :)

17 Likes

Keep piling them on! Love all these new international carries coming to DIA!

1 Like

Say it again!! Now I’m going to make a game and try and guess the next international carrier to arrive 😂!
I added some more of the photos I found. Hope you guys are as pumped and excited as me :)

2 Likes

Hey look! It’s rip off United!

Actually I think Copa was around before United.

This is Copa’s new livery copying Uniteds

1 Like

I’m very proud of my flag-carrier! This is a great milestone for the Latin American aviation!

(you forgot to tag me)

3 Likes

The Copa livery was around before United merged with COA. I believe that COA had a large stake in Copa which resulted in the similar livery.

6 Likes

If they are copying anyone, it’s Continental. They had a large role in Copa, and so they took thier design and tweaked it a bit, so people knew that they were related.

*sigh

Half of Copa Airlines’ actions were handled by Continental since 1998 until their merge with United. Yes, looks like UA/CO because they decided to adopt a similar livery, which looks beautiful in their fleet but I slightly disagree since they should have made their own livery. United still has the alliance with Copa.

@Ryan_Vince, you’re right.

3 Likes

Copa exists since 1944 btw, they just partnered with Continental.

Sorry, I was a bit mistaken their. I know that Continental had a large role in Copa, which is where the livery is from.

2 Likes

It’s all right, just pointing that out :)

Sorry I knew there was an IFC pilot who loved Copa but I couldn’t remember who XD

3 Likes

[quote=“Infinite.flight, post:1, topic:111645, full:true”]

[details=Summary]

The new service will operate four times a week on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays. The flight is scheduled to arrive at DEN at 4:12 p.m. and depart DEN at 10:30 p.m. It will operate using a Boeing 737-800 with 154 seats.

This is very approximate :)

Fun fact, Continental bought out United, the United livery you see today is the livery Continental used, Unites had that weird blue and white thing going on.

1 Like

It’s no PTY-GRU, but PTY-DEN is 2,631 miles according to GCM, which is longer than PTY-JFK (2,200 miles) and PTY-BOS (2,348 miles). With the altitude payload optimisation that DEN has, imagine how many empty seats that 737 will have!

Copa Airlines will figure out how to operate those flights :)

From Wikipedia:

In 1998, Continental Airlines acquired 49% of the airline, marking the beginning of a comprehensive marketing and operating alliance. On May 19, 1999, Continental increased its stake to 51%. Since then, Copa has adopted a livery and corporate logo similar to Continental’s (now United). Copa participated in the OnePass frequent flyer program until Continental’s merger with United Airlines. In connection with the initial public offering in December 2005, Continental reduced its stake to approximately 27.3% and through a follow-on offering in 2006, further reduced it to approximately 10%.

lol I love how this has gone from a huge move for Denver to a debate about the logo of Copa, Continental, and United.

1 Like