Denver Airport and Norwegian nonstop service DEN-Gatwick

(Not my words) OK, who is up for a trip to London?! Today, Michael B. Hancock, Denver International Airport and Norwegian announced that the airline will begin offering nonstop service from Denver to London/Gatwick beginning Sept. 16, 2017! This is the first time since 2012 that DEN has announced a new foreign-flag carrier. The new service will operate twice a week, on Saturdays and Tuesdays, through Oct. 28. Starting on Nov. 2, the service will increase to three times a week, with an additional flight on Thursdays. The flight is scheduled to arrive at DEN at 12:40 p.m. and depart DEN at 2:40 p.m. It will operate using a Boeing 787-9 with 344 seats, only the second carrier at DEN to operate this aircraft.

(My words): @Ben were we not just talking in our recent cast episode about a new international airline coming to DIA? Well I think it has just been decided! I was speechless when I saw this on Facebook under DIA’s main page. I’m so so so excited I cannot wait to see a new international foreign carrier in Denver. This is almost a birthday present lol. And they will be using the 787-9 only the second carrier to do so at DIA.

Listen to this episode where I discuss with Ben a lot of the future for DEN. We discussed some future Airlines to come but neither of us thought Norwegian.

18 Likes

This is very exciting news for DIA! I cant wait to see that beautiful plane fly in. I bet it will look stellar during the winter.

2 Likes

By the time I become (hopefully) a FA based out of DEN I will get to see this airline regularly. I cannot wait for this!

1 Like

Very interesting indeed, nice to see airports expanding their international connectivity.

1 Like

I can’t wait for this. Gonna be great for denver

2 Likes

They started with other small airports on the east coast as well. SWF, PVD, and a few others.

2 Likes

I am very pleased to see this, and if their fares are as low as $200 one way I may even be able to afford flying this route just to test it out.

1 Like

And now they realize they need to come to the best airport haha. Mid US it is

1 Like

Yea it’s really cool seeing this. Especially them flying the 737-MAX’s (I believe).

1 Like

I already have set up plans to be spotting at DIA when it is supposed to arrive. I’m nervous and excited for this! This is a huge step for KDEN. Apparently international travel from Europe has dipped through DIA. Hopefully this will increase demand and international travelers.

1 Like

It’s cool because international travel is a lot more accessible to people who live 1+ hour(s) away from a large airport. It’s a lot easier to land a 737 into a regional airport than it is a 75/76 :p.

Haha yes sir. And I’ll try and refrain from being to boystrous as I believe everyone now knows I’m in a fervor for this day!

1 Like

Well, this is great news! This was definitely one of the last airlines I would expect to see at DIA. We were talking about this literally yesterday, and I predicted Emirates next, but, my prediction is, almost thankfully, wrong. I will definitely be there for the first time it lands here in Denver. Good to have a cheap transatlantic route now, making crossing the pond much more affordable. Super excited!

2 Likes

Exactly haha we were talking Emirates as being one of the most likely but Norwegian? This took me by surprise. I’ll also be at DIA hopefully. Maybe we can meet up?
And I’m planning on flying this route for fun when they come since it’s so cheap. Man I’m excited.

1 Like

If you see Norwegian’s announcement to begin their new service, you’ll see they’re targeting a lot smaller airports than they average international one :).

Smaller larger or the moon all I can see is that they are coming to DIA.

@SkyHighGuys Funny thing, I just bought tickets to LA for near $300. Great to know that I can fly to England for just another third of the cost. I would be more than down to take photos with you, when it finally comes here.

@kevin It’s the Dreamliner that makes that possible. Before, this would have to be a 767/77 or A340 route, which wouldn’t be cost efficient.

3 Likes

I look forward to it! I have this day bookmarked on my calnder and brain.

1 Like

Thats cool ! I seen that 787 landing at FLL a lot, I think they have a daily route there. One time I saw their 737 there also, wich I think they using for some Caribbean route for what I read. Norwegian also fly to SJU Puerto Rico (my hometown) in their 787 but just for some seasons. I’ve seen it a couple of times, looks awesome !

1 Like

I’m looking forward to finally seeing them in Denver.

1 Like