Denied Re-Entry to Airport After Go-Around

I have just finished a flight on the expert server from Beijing to Dubai and experienced an issue with a go-around on approach to Dubai. I was cleared for the ILS approach runway 30R at Dubai and was told to switch to tower, on my final approach an aircraft was on the runway about to take off. I then announced my go around and was told to make right traffic and to contact Dubai approach. Upon contacting the approach frequency I was then told that I was denied entry to the airport due to a busy airspace. As you can imagine this was very frustrating after a long flight. In the end I was forced to leave the airspace and land at a different airport. Is this the correct procedure by ATC ? I did notice that they were accepting other inbound aircraft and thought that even if busy, aircraft on go-around should be given priority over new incoming aircraft which to my knowledge should have been denied over me.

10 Likes

I have no clue 😂 but so frustrating!

1 Like

I know especially after 7hrs flying. I really want to know the correct procedure.

2 Likes

We will bring it up with the controllers.

Things get hectic when there are 100+ inbounds and a full airport trying to get off the ground.

The controller will PM you after they are done controlling.

10 Likes

I can imagine it is very hectic, I can only assume that the approach thought I was attempting to do pattern work. However I appreciate you bringing the topic up with them and the reply.

8 Likes

Yes @InfiniteFlyer31, this is very likely what happened. We try to communicate together as much as we can on those but even earlier this morning we had a big issue for this! The controller will be able to discuss more

1 Like

Ok no worries, it was frustrating but when it’s that busy it wouldn’t be human to not make small mistakes like this. I appreciate the reply.

3 Likes

technically they dont have to let you land… BUT if you are on a IFR flight plan you should be allowed to… I was flying a SR22 from Atlanta TO JFK and the airport at JFK wasn’t busy at all but the controller (training server) wouldn’t let me land because he thought small planes aren’t allowed at big airports witch is very untrue!

1 Like

tbf that was training and they might not have a clue what they were doing but i get your point 😂

But GA does need permission to enter Bravo airspace, from what I understand, no?

1 Like

Only when VFR. If they are IFR they are already cleared into it because they set up that flight plan with ATC - as per IFR.

2 Likes

Ah, yes, remember that now. Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.