Delta's Hub At KATL All The Way To KEWR

Delta’s Hub At KATL All The Way To KEWR

With the FNF going on today, I decided to fly from Atlanta to New York, but due to a mishap, I ended up landing at Newark. However, landing at Newark allowed me to get some really nice pictures! I’d like to share them to you here.

Flight Details

KATL-KEWR
Atlanta To Newark
Delta B777-200LR
Flight Time Of 1 hr 30 minutes, delayed to 2 hours 21 minutes
Server: Expert

Parked in KATL next to @thenewpilot and @Lufthansa2.

Taking off Runway 27R if I’m not mistaken in my majestic 777-200LR.

Well, we’ve taken off and up in the air! Just a few feet off the runway

Meanwhile, a Delta and another Southwest are closely taxiing next to each other… yikes!

I turned around from KATL and I’m on my way on the FPL… another airport is in sight below

I’m cruising above at the famous mark of FL350. 35,000 feet is a nice sight!

Up in the air. It’s time to fly by the horizon!

One of my most favorite edits to date… the approach at KEWR! I just can’t stop looking at it cause of the beautiful sunset!

Gear is down at KEWR, a nice sunset is enough for the lonely plane…

Thanks! I’ll see you next time!

14 Likes

Those are nice!

I like all the different filters you used :)

1 Like

Thank you @Armani_B! I’m especially happy about the second to last picture!

1 Like

0 voters

What’s your favorite?

That approach pic looks so realistic… nice job!

1 Like

Thank you @Vignesh_S!

Um… not enough voter turnout here?

Hmm, the shots themselves are nice however I think that the colour mashup kinda ruined them. You know me, I’m a realism seeker so that’s just my opinion 😉

2 Likes

Well, I still feel like the mashups ended up better. That’s why I got the last 2 pictures to come out nicely. The others were good too, but then the EWR approach is always special for me.

KEWR>KJFK

Also that might just be the first time ever that a Delta 777 came to Newark. Certainly one of very few times that a Delta widebody was seen there in recent decades, that’s for sure.

2 Likes

Delta actually used to have a transatlantic hub at Newark. They did flights to Amsterdam, Paris, and Frankfurt.

1 Like

Corrected to being recent history. They did have a hub, but that was a very long time ago. And no DL 777 ever touched Newark’s runways.

2 Likes