Deltas First A220 takes flight

Boy, what a boring aircraft. Although I understand the reasons for the change, I hate that we’re evolving the cockpit to have so many computer screens. Give me round dials!

What?!? The cockpit is stunning, it’s so neat and tidy and lit!

1 Like

This is a stunning aircraft, i’m very happy Air Canada has many of these on order.

1 Like

AirCanada ordered the A220?

45 a220-300’s

1 Like

In fact, Korean has it in service right now!

1 Like

Finally, something different than the MDs

1 Like

I’ll sure miss her engines scream, but it’s all for the better

1 Like

Everyone “loves the Mad Dogs”, but you aren’t too partial to them when you’ve flown their old, cramped interiors for your whole life for 95% of your flights 😩

1 Like

They do? Wow, I didn’t know…?

Searching After Korean Air A220 😏

1 Like

Why can’t Airbus or Boeing buy Bombardier already. My father was the CFO of Bombardier in the late 90s and resigned once Pierre became the CEO which was the start of the decline of the company. The aircraft that saved the company was the Q-400.

1 Like

Do you know where the 220 will be flying

1 Like

delta hasn’t published routes yet

1 Like

Darn it I hope they fly phx

1 Like

It’s first flight will probably be in 2019. They will probably operate a large variety of routes, so don’t worry too much.

1 Like

Ok I cannot wait to fly the a220

1 Like

I think this is great for Delta! The A220 is one of my favorite aircraft, and it’s great to see an airline receive such an awesome airplane!

1 Like

If you’re into that kinda thing, I’m sure it’s great. But as a pilot, it’s an unwelcome sign to see more and more automation brought into the cockpit, to an extent.

“The paradox of cockpit automation is that it can lower the pilot’s workload in phases of flight when the workload is already low, and it can increase the workload when the workload is already high.” -Sully Sullenberger

1 Like

Fair point, I see your point.

Here is a short video of of the flight from Airbus’s YouTube:

This aircaft is total eye candy, I’m so glad to see it in Delta’s fleet!

3 Likes