Delta's $1.9B LAX project

Delta’s $1.9B LAX project starts with gate swap - Atlanta Business Chronicle

5 Likes

Saw this a couple years back – apparently they’re getting some non-prioritised use of TBIT as well (I think just one gate) and will most likely bring partners with them (think AM and VS), which should consolidate SkyTeam operations at LAX to some extent.

1 Like

Wasn’t terminal 2 “modernized” recently? Why would they want to modernize it again?

2 Likes

Clearly it wasn’t if it’s costing them $1.9 B

3 Likes

Yeah, it was redone recently. But all they really did was make it look a little bit more modern. I suppose that 2 Billion could go to waiting areas and other guest spaces that weren’t really touched during the renovation. Although Terminal 3 is definitely in need of an overhaul.

1 Like

Gosh, hopefully the fix up that dreadful tunnel in terminal six. What a terrible walk.

You mean the blank white one between T6 and T5 that looks like they made from leftover wallpaper from a hospital? 😂

2 Likes

You’re giving me flashbacks… so much fun at 3am

2 Likes

Ugh… I would tell Delta to fix it, but they’re leaving… maybe there’ll be a nicer connection between T2, T3, and TBIT? In the mean time, I guess I’m going to see how long it takes to be disoriented by spending 2 hours straight in that tunnel…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.