Delta unveils new Airbus A350 premium economy seat

What do you think about Delta’s Premium Economy?

22 Likes

Looks cramped

12 Likes

This is simply the equivalent to economy seating on the A330 except more legroom, take a look at Norwegians premium cabin then compare. This is shocking

2 Likes

It’s really no worse than BA Business which is also 8 across on the 777.

looks nice, :)

Looks really good , but still would prefer Business class thou …

1 Like

The give lie flat beds and lots of legroom to make up for it, in this case the only difference seems to be more legroom and probably a bit more recline for double the price of a economy fare. Look at Dantorps latest video on Norwegian I was truly surprised at how good the product was for £800 only double a economy flight to New York from Gatwick

Personally I think it looked amazing considering it’s only premium economy!

7 Likes

Looks exactly ‘premium ecomomy’ to me. Pretty smart, and the extra space is nice.

3 Likes

Take a look at this. Norwegian is low cost as well so delta should in theory have a better product:

2 Likes

No it’s more than that. The economy seats on a 9-abreast A350 are as wide as the seats on an 8-abreast A330. This will be wider.

2 Likes

It’s not very … roomy. But at least it isn’t Ryanair style! Anyway, what do you expect from an LCC.

This is the layout that CX and SQ, two of the world’s best carriers, use on their A350s.

1 Like

At least there’s free water

1 Like

Turkish also uses this seating arrangement on their A330s.

It looks nice but cramped

Yes, but it’s regular economy on the A330. The A330 is narrower than the A350, in case you didn’t know, so premium economy is 2-3-2 and regular economy is 2-4-2. On the A350, regular economy is 3-3-3 and premium economy can be 2-3-2 like China Airlines and Lufthansa or 2-4-2 like Cathay, Singapore, and Delta.

1 Like

Exactly. Is premium economy a new concept to all you people? It’s exactly what it is. A wider seat with more recline and legroom.

1 Like

Again as I have already said look at Norwegians product, delta so meant to be better then a low cost carrier don’t you think

1 Like

Norwegian’s product is taking the place of both a premium economy and business cabin, while Delta still has a true business cabin.