Delta To Retire All Boeing 717s and 767-300ERs by 2025

I know, this makes me sad 😢 As long as they keep the 738/739, I’ll be alright 😁

They don’t have a replacement for the 757 so is that why they aren’t retiring those? I’m not mad they aren’t just wondering.

and no, the A321 is not a replacement 🤮

2 Likes

Dang it COVID!

2 Likes

The fact that they didn’t mention the 757 is amazing.

It was bound to happen since the Corona crisis rushed everything out.
It’s time for rework ! Please vote for the 717 rework

1 Like

Well, Delta might become the only US carrier to have an all Airbus fleet.

One word: Allegiant

At least United has some 757s and 767

I guess Boeing’s chances with delta are slim to none now… sad to see the last of the MadDogs go and the 767 that started me on my overseas travels as a kid leave… I will always remember them and try to fly of them all one last time. I’m just glad that I was able to fly on all of them at least once in my life.

1 Like

737-7/-8/-9, and the 757s:

1 Like

Hey I just realized!
What if Hawaiian buys the newest ones to help replace their old ones? Or they could buy them and send them to airports for storage until they need them. (I mean it could waste some money but they don’t really have a replacement for their 717s)

1 Like

Didn’t some 737-700 retired

1 Like

Delta just yeeted Boeing’s existence out the window…

3 Likes

Yes but they only had like 17 or something

Danget beat me to it, great topic though mate

1 Like

Ohhhh I’ve been looking forward to hearing this. I’m an absolutely sick of seeing DL 712s operating the majority of CLT routes. I’m also very sick of being on a 712 almost every DL flight I take nowadays. Let’s get those sexy A220s in town. Good to see the 763s will be going too as those Neo’s have been waiting to see the baton handed to them. It’ll be sad that UA will be the only Big3 with the 763 though. Airbus will be very dominant for DL in a decade. 359s, 339s, 321Ns, 220s, 320fam.

1 Like

Quite the opposite for me, I can’t stand to see the 717’s go. They’re the last McDonnell Douglas that is still around, and it’s a beautiful plane. I’ll certainly miss them and I’ll hate seeing the plane I despise the most operated everyday from my home airport. As for the 767’s, it’s sad to see them go. They’re not my favorite nor are they my least favorite.

3 Likes

At the moment, yeah, the 757 still has its capabilities on thinner markets. The A321neo will eventually replace them, but they’ll need the A321XLR or Boeing’s 797/NMA to replace the longer flights.

Spirit, Frontier, Allegiant

That could be possible, although most of Delta’s 717s are around the same age as Hawaiian’s. If Hawaiian ends up phasing the 717s due to age, they may not look into buying Delta’s second-hand 717s and instead go for a new regional aircraft.

1 Like

lol I just realized that typo 😂