Delta Passenger Declared Dead After Flight Returns To Detroit.

Delta flight 583 took off from Detroit Metropolitan Airport to Shanghai on Monday, 4:35 p.m. At around 7:15, a “medical emergency was declared”. The crew made the decision to return to Detroit and landed at 10:35 p.m. The passenger was then declared dead by airport medical. The passenger’s death was caused by natural death. His death was hypertensive cardiovascular disease. No age and hometown is not released. When the plane arrived, and the agency’s public safety team said the passenger is deceased. Flight 583 was rescheduled and took off at 8:20 a.m. on Tuesday.

My thought on this?
I feel sorry for this person, but I don’t know what his age.

10 Likes

Hypertensive Cardiovascular Disease? Sounds like he had something where if he became stressed his heart became very rapid which most likely caused a heart attack which caused him to die. Poor guy, Probably overly stressed by something

12 Likes

RIP passenger, kudos to DL for handling it properly. One other thing I have to say is that if I were to die on an airplane, at least I could say that I died doing what I loved.

6 Likes

Dang I was just in Detroit on a layover flying delta what a coincidence

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.