Delta orders 100 A321neos

Hey guys,

After planning for a large single aisle aircraft order earlier this year, Delta Airlines has just ordered 100 A321neo aircraft. They will be replacing the MD-90, A320, and 757. Deliveries are scheduled to start about 2 years from now from 2020 until 2023. They will most likely be built at Airbus’s assembly line in Mobile, Alabama.

yourfile

Personally, I think this is the right choice to replace the 757. It has a long range, holds about the same amount of PAX, and even looks similar.
However, I don’t think it is a good replacement for the A320s and MD-90s. These A321s will have 197 seats, which is more than is needed for smaller routes flown by the A320 and MD-90. I hope to see another order of smaller aircraft to replace those, as there is a large gap between CS100s and A321s that hasn’t been filled yet.
I am looking really forward to these, as I fly Delta a lot, and the older aircraft really need replaced.

What to do you guys think about Delta’s decision? Do you expect another order?

21 Likes

No, I don’t want to see my 757 replaced by this!😡

24 Likes

I expect a lot more “Long Regional” Flights! Hopefully KISP can see this beauties in the future!

3 Likes

Kinda expected since Boeing is going pretty slow with their MOM plane. Though the 757 looks nicer

1 Like

That’s a feature request not a RWA discussion topic.

1 Like

How did I know you were going to say that?

Anyways, good for them, but so upset that they are getting rid of their 757’s. I wish they at least replaced it with a Boeing :/

4 Likes

Delta replaced their daily 737-900ER with a 752 into St. Louis. Hopefully, we see the A321N coming soon too!

3 Likes

Oh wow! They must have been getting really good service if they upgraded that to a 757!

Yes, Delta really seems to favoring Airbus over Boeing lately. Most of their recent orders have been from Airbus:-/

5 Likes

And this is why Boeing needs to hurry up with the 797.
Or Delta can move to the EU, they can join in with Ryanair

Anyway the A321neo is a horrific replacement for the 757, it doesn’t have the range. It only has the passenger load

4 Likes

Yeah, I’m not 100% sure what they did exactly. They have multiple ATL-STL flights per day, mostly in the 319 and some in the ERJ, however, they did have one daily B73W. They could have cut one of the ERJs in favor of sending a bigger bird.

1 Like

I’m very very happy about this order I made this photoshop delta A321neo

13 Likes

The livery looks amazing on the A321neo! Great job on the photoshop!

5 Likes

I am sure Delta has done a lot of studies about how this plane fits their requirements. Happy to see more A321neos!! Delta’s livery suits the plane well :)

2 Likes

why dont they just order some a320 neos to replace the md-90s and CEOa320s

1 Like

I don’t think replacing the A320ceos with the A321N is a good idea but hey…
Hopefully they won’t use their other option for 100 more A321N and either purchase 100 MAX-10s or Boeing’s “797”

1. MD90s and 757s are bigger than you think. The A321N is the more flexible, efficient, replacement. The A320N does not offer the same flexibility.

2. What’s wrong with 100 A321N that justifies an order for Maxes or the 797 witch has not been announced yet? More aircraft of the same type is cheaper, more effective, and easier for the airline to manage, having more types of an aircraft that virtually does the same role is illogical.

3 Likes

Man that’s good and bad. First of all the 757s Delta are using are old and have to retire soon which sucks but the A320neo would be an awesome replacement! Guess you can’t have many good things :(

1 Like

This is a good opportunity for delta

4 Likes

A good day for Airbus, great to hear their A320neo program develops that well.

5 Likes