Delta MD-88 Current Routes

Hey, I wanted to know if anyone had an idea if the MD-88s are only flying out of Atlanta and if so, what routes are they still able to be seen on. I want to fly on them as much as possible so if anyone knows, that would be awesome!

Just google “Delta MD-88 routes”.

2 Likes

There are departing ones from ATL to
RDU
STL
RIC
JAX
MIA
IND
ORF
DAB
And probably more I found it on FR24

4 Likes

Off the top of my head, delta operates an MD-88 from KJAX-KATL. You can always filter Delta MD80 on the Flight Radar app.

3 Likes

Yes, just filtering Delta MD80s going to/from ATL gives me this many aircraft

1 Like

Actually never knew I could do that. Thanks for all the help!

1 Like

There’s a daily flight from ATL-OMA and back

They still fly to MSY New Orleans.

They still fly to Melbourne, and Sarasota as well, I believe.

ATL-SDF is still MD88

They come in here atleast a few times a day. I think we’re up to 4 flights a day to/from ATL, and they used to be all MDs, but now it’s down to like two a day, the rest are 737s. But they still come here fairly frequently…

They also still fly to EWR from ATL

Little Rock to Atlanta

I know they are seasonal on the ATL-RSW route and YYZ of course, as I have flown the YYZ route several times (mostly back in 2012 when it was still on a CRJ). I know they are getting taken away from RDU and from what I have heard, Fayetteville NC is losing their MD-88 flight to a 737-800. Other than that, they seem to do a lot near Atlanta.

I’ve flown on Delta’s MD88s/90s for most of my time on this Earth.

Routes include (or included):

KATL-KBWI
KATL-KSTL
KATL-KDFW
KATL-KEWR
KATL-KLGA (has changed now)
KATL-KORD
KATL-KAVL
KATL-KPNS

Routes are all above but the Delta MD88 also flies ATL-LIT-ATL about a half dozen times a day

1 Like

The MD-80 is operated between ATL and BDL daily and there is a flight between BDL-MCO on a Delta MD-80 every Saturday!

I always catch the MD-80 if I go spotting at BWI. Sad it will go away soon.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.