Delta is using the jumbo to help people escape the hurricane

Delta is sending the jumbo jet to help in the escape of people from the impending hurricane. Don’t trust my word then read it for your self:

26 Likes

Do we really need topics for every development? This is standard procedure. British airways did the same thing before the hurricane hit to get their customers out of the country.

10 Likes

It is obviously not any Humanitarian Aid with those tickets. Also sounds a bit cruel to earn money because of a natural disaster.

3 Likes

Maybe we don’t need a new topic for this. Maybe post it here?

1 Like

Well they are different though.

1 Like

Lemme get this right. Delta, are using airplanes to move people between airports if they pay.

I don’t see anything that different there

2 Likes

Well the big thing here is this is the last big mission for the Delta 747.

2 Likes

They don’t go out of service for a few months according to the article.

There is only one being sent.

It is the last BIG mission not last flight.

2 Likes

I know, I was just trying to emphasize how small this is. There are millions of people who are trapped there, and a Boeing 747 can only handle between 350-400 people.

Ehm… They need profits to run. They have discounted there fares significantly.

And people giving other people rubbish who went on the LAX - Detroit flight.

6 Likes

My lord people…If you don’t have anything nice to say, leave. I think this is very cool! Delta is such a good airline!

9 Likes

We’ll thank you for the compliment.

3 Likes

For what tho? Sending an airplane to an airport?!

1 Like

I’m not here to argue. I just think its cool that Delta would help with evacuations. Even if it wasn’t a 747, it would be cool.

5 Likes

Just landed at KMCO. They are gonna get on and get out.

IMG_1677

2 Likes

No but it is the most powerful hurricane recoded , and the roads and gas stations in Florida is making it harder for people to evacuate. So how else are people supposed to leave?

They lowered the price for the ticket

You aren’t very aware of similar events. In other cases some of which weren’t half as bad there have been emergency flights out of countries. Take Egypt for example where they got all the British tourists out so they had planes flying there specifically to bring them home, It’s not uncommon at all. That’s why I don’t see any reason for this case to have its own topic.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.