Delta Flight races Hurricane Irma and Wins

So apparently Delta has pilots with some big brass to do what was just done. Delta flight 302 Departed JFK at 802am est flew into San Juan at 1201pm refueled and took on passenger s and Departed at 1241pm before for the blunt of Irma was striking. Read the full story below. Kudos to the ground crew and especially the pilots.

25 Likes

Punctuation is magical my friend. So is substance. Let’s get one down before making a topic ✌️

11 Likes

Surprised they didn’t fly out of Atlanta.

3 Likes

Wow must have been a pretty big and LOUD race! And dangerous.

I’m personally shocked they didn’t go to Atlanta LOLOL

As some may be aware, I ❤️ Delta.

1 Like

Bros, me too it was the airline to take me on my first plane ride! :D

That’ll be me dispatching like that one day.

1 Like

FO: "Sir, all other flights turned back. We’ll never make it."
Captain: “Hold my pepsi, because alcoholic beverages are not allowed in the cockpit.”

10 Likes

That’s where I’m from ! SJU, PR. Even if they have the best metereologists at Delta (as they stated in the report), I think it was a risky decision to fly there on those conditions. But at the same time, nice job ! to the crew.

1 Like

I agree with you. If they had a “mishap” happen then Delta would have been considered the worst Airline I bet.

2 Likes

Cockcpit shaking strongly

Crying Copilot: Were going to die!
Pilot: We are going to make it. sips on coffee

5 Likes

That’s definitely the pilots in IF during Hurricane Irma. Hold my Pepsi! considering that there is a bottle of pepsi in almost every aircraft

1 Like

Eh, the path and location of the hurricane in the short term is pretty predictable. They were confident the weather would allow them to get in and out safely knowing the hurricane was passing to the north of Puerto Rico.

1 Like

I mean, it wouldn’t be a hard race to win considering you’d only need to maintain 17 mph…

10 Likes

Says “Fastest in the land”. 😂

3 Likes

https://www.flightradar24.com/blog/delta-goes-big-then-goes-home/

Here’s a writeup on FR24

3 Likes

There’s nothing I can say.

Well done Delta pilots!

1 Like

Glad our very own Boeing 737 could make it in time. After all, it is the best-selling commercial airliner in history.

2 Likes

I’m happy that airlines are trying to help people, JetBlue especially. A small step for airlines, one giant leap for mankind.

2 Likes