Delta bringing back playing cards

This may seem trivial, but I’m glad they’re back. Recently, I was on a delta flight from Boston to Minneapolis and I noticed something at the gate desk… playing cards?! I hadn’t seen these since back wen Northwest was around. Personally I am happy that they’re back, because it means that if I forget my iPad, I actually have something to do. What do you guys think of this reincarnation of old times? Better or worse?

20 Likes

I think its a good idea but do you keep them?

Yeah you’re allowed to keep them- that’s how I got the ones pictured

I wonder why they took them away in the first place…

1 Like

Technology…
Few people wanted them anymore

2 Likes

Cathay Pacific is still giving them out as of a couple of months ago. I think most airlines still have them.

7 Likes

Hmm, interesting- Good to know if I fly them anytime soon

Wow! I myself have an old set of PanAm cards that have never been taken out of the packaging! This is nice for people who don’t have electronics!

2 Likes

Does AA have cards, I don’t think so, but it would be cool to have some.

2 Likes

Ooh… hopefully something to look forward to for my flight in a few days! Please 747 have some memorable keepsakes!

1 Like

Never heard of this! I assume they mostly do this for longer flights? I want one now.

1 Like

Are they if I get them out as of right now? I’m going on two delta flights on Wednesday. It’d be cool to have one then.

1 Like

Probably, I got mine last Tuesday

1 Like

I have two decks of cards from Singapore Airlines’s first a380 flight.

1 Like

Lol I haven’t received cards for a looong time. I have two decks right now, one from Korean Air and one from Cathay Pacific. (both are over 7 years old)

1 Like

@Lolo31R something you can actually and allowed to steal

3 Likes

Just looked on eBay…not cheap, but there are lots. Even an Ozark deck. Worth checking out just for the history of the industry.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.