Delta Boeing 777-200ER is the Delta Boeing 777-200LR

So I was doing a flight from Atlanta to Johannesburg in Delta’s Boeing 777-200LR and I had some free time before going to bed when I reached cruising altitude. So, I decided to look up the Registration (N863DA) and this is what I find.

That says ER, not LR. In yet, I’m flying the 200LR.
So, I did a bit more digging.

Boeing 777-200ER

B200er

N863DA

200er

Boeing 777-200LR

Same Registration (N863DA)

7004, just like the 200ER

Well, there you have it. Delta’s 777-200LR is the same as the 200ER.
If you don’t believe me, check it for yourself.

Happy Flying
@Rynjil_H

• Who cares
  • Wow, I didn’t know that
  • I already knew that
  • Wow, that’s bad
  • Wow, that’s really bad devs

0 voters

Because the aircrafts look the same (bar the winglets), they just used the same livery and put it on the 77L. Yes, I get why some people wouldn’t like it as it’s not realistic but if it means we get more liveries in a shorter amount of time then I’m not complaining.

4 Likes

Im bipolar in my votes 👁👁

1 Like

Does Delta even own both the B772 and 77L IRL?
Cuz i know they have the 77L but the 200ER, they don’t have it IRL or am i wrong?

Yep they have some 772s.
(know this b/c I’ve seen some YT vids)

2 Likes

They do:
https://www.delta.com/content/www/en_US/traveling-with-us/airports-and-aircraft/Aircraft/boeing-777-200er-777.html

2 Likes

@Delta319 and @A_Plane_Guy, Thanks for the insight guys, very helpful. I didn’t know they had the 200ER variant as well.

2 Likes

Yep. They’re registered as N8##DN I think

2 Likes

Just a question, what’s up with censoring the registration?

They have a buch of them. All of them start with 8. Asterisk = number but I’ll change it
EDIT: Done

2 Likes

Oh right, thanks. Makes sense, haha :)

2 Likes

Delta, along with emirates has the largest 77L fleet in the world!

2 Likes

Emirates own a lot of the 77W as well. But let’s not get off-topic here ;)

I know that Delta has 77L but never knew they had the 772… 🤔

3 Likes

I also think, the same why the B772 DAL, with B77L, has the same registration code😀😁
. And for DAL B77L aircraft, the registration code ends with the letter “N, K, while the B772 DAL type, in the registration code section, ends with the letter” A

"

Another user noticed the same thing Pre-Global. I thought FDS would’ve changed it but I guess not.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.