Delta B757 makes emergency landing after engine failure

It’s just in a Delta B757 departing from KATL headed for KSEA was flying over the Midwest when one of the Prat and Whitney engines on the B757 failed. The pilots managed to land safely at KSLC with 128 passengers safely on the ground with no injuries. The left engine was the one at fault, left badly damaged it was still intact upon landing. This is the third time this week that a Prat and Whitney engine has failed during a flight.

Read more about it here:

25 Likes

Where did I hear that one before?

Glad to see it was a safe landing, PW is not looking the best right now though

5 Likes

OMG. I’m glad everyone is ok. I can’t believe this is the second time this week. Prat and Whitney will definitely undergo an investigation for this.

3 Likes

Wow now it’s confirmed something is up with those Prat and Whitney engine’s 🧐

1 Like

No, it’s the third incident with 747 Cargo aircraft engine explosion on the same day as 777 from Denver.
All three aircraft have PW engines

5 Likes

I forgot about the 747 incident.

1 Like

Something is going on with PW engines! Can’t help but think there is a link or its just sheer bad luck or maybe overreported since the media tend to blow things out of proportion now there’s three incidents in a short space of time

3 Likes

Can’t wait to see how the media somehow ties this around the MAX and makes Boeing look extremely bad

All in all glad they made it safe to the ground

2 Likes

This is crazy with 3 incidents in less then a week! Glad that all three landed safely. Pratt and Whitney have some explaining to do, that’s for sure.

1 Like

I don’t think they will. The Max has CFM International LEAP-1B engines while these are Prat and Whitney. Also this is P&W’s fault.

2 Likes

You just wait and see. It’s all Boeing aircraft so they will find a way

You’re right @Zhopkins, I can’t see what it is got to with Boeing since the engines are developed with a different engine manufacturer and are not associated

Aircraft engine makers of the world be like: there is 1 imposter among us!

In all seriousness though, they definitely have some explaining to do. This really can’t go on.
They don’t have a great rep after the whole A320-Neo engine failures too, especially in India.

2 Likes

Yeah, media doesn’t care

Boeing aircraft? Must be their problem

This will be an interesting one to watch for sure.

2 Likes

Yes the media will have a field day with the fact that 3 incidents have happened within a week of each other. They will not put the blame (if any) on Boeing. This is P&W’s fault.

1 Like

But does the media care? Nope. They see Boeing and will tie it around the MAX

Nevertheless it’s a new development and worrying times for Prat & Whitney. I dunno whether it’s to do with covid19 pandemic since many aircraft had to be put in storage for a long period and insufficient maintenance resulted in those kind of incidents.
It’s way to early to speculate anyway and I’m no expert, but just an observation point of view.

I literally saw an article today with a title like, “Boeing 777s Grounded. Is this the MAX all over again?” Didn’t click on it

1 Like

The way I see it if they put the blame on Boeing then they DON’T deserve to have a position in the media. If they can’t do the smallest amount of research to tell a good story then why bother telling a story? Yes they might rush a story to get the news out first but they SHOULD do research. That’s the point in being a reporter right?

Continue this in a PM with me if you wish.

2 Likes