Delta Airlines Orders 20 A350-1000s

IMG_4172

Delta Air Lines has ordered 20 Airbus A350-1000s, which will be added to their existing fleet of 28.
A350-900s. Acording to Delta CEO Ed Bastian “ [the A35K] complements our fleet and offers an elevated customer experience, with more premium seats and best-in-class amenities, as well as expanded cargo capabilities.”

What do you think about this?

22 Likes

Saw this coming for quite some time. Have to see what they do with these aircraft. Maybe this will be the year they introduce more international flights out of SLC. The A35K can fit into a least 1 or 2 gates in SLC

3 Likes

Seeing that it adds 15% of premium capacity compared to the aircraft it replaces, makes sense to me, especially since premium sales were the ones to push them to their record profit in 2023.

1 Like

les goo my fav plane (-1000) is coming to delta

2 Likes

Capture d’écran 2024-01-13 121437
As I was saying on the IF Facebook page, that list is getting nicely long enough for the Devs team
It includes aircrafts in service and placed orders

7 Likes

Yeah once all those have received theirs it could definitely be added, maybe there’ll also be some specials.

3 Likes

18 operates and they still thought the A380 was better 🙃

1 Like

Now we need the A350-1000 in IF, it’s becoming so popular with many new orders

4 Likes

Are you aware that 8 of those don’t operate the aircraft yet?

That’s still 10 operators. The same as the amount of operators for the A380 today

2 Likes

? But why should they add an aircraft where almost half is still missing when they can add one which is one of superlative for many reasons and already has all the operators?

Unfortunately for some retro aviation enthusiasts (such as me), the arrival of the A350 will most certainly spell the end of Delta’s 763s and 764s, along with a few older A330s, if I’m not mistaken. Sad to see those birds go.

3 Likes

This is great news! The 777x is keep getting delayed so it would make sense for them to order the a350-1000.

2 Likes

As this is my favorite aircraft ever, I think it’s great seeing more and more airlines placing orders for the -1000 variant. Soon enough we will have enough livery options and airlines actively flying it for it to be added to IF!!

2 Likes

Because people want it 🤷

1 Like

This makes no sense in this context as the A380 literally was the most voted for aircraft

1 Like

Yea. The A380 has more votes, but that doesn’t stop people from wanting the A35K more. Not sure why you need to keep making points about how the A35K shouldn’t be added because of lack of operators. This entire conversation was just me having bias on the A35K. No need to shut people down over that.

1 Like

Hi there cool down budy
It’s also a mater of the devs choice… we all waiting on them soo

1 Like

Don’t worry. This entire conversation was under control lol

1 Like

Didn’t the whole conversation start with you stating this?
I also want the A35K more but it’s quite obvious that it doesn’t make sense yet and especially didn’t make sense a year ago when the A380 was decided upon as many carriers from the list hadn’t even ordered the aircraft yet.

1 Like