Delta Airlines | New Routes and Destinations |

Delta Airlines Announces New Routes and Destinations to Compete With Other Carriers

Delta has just announced a couple of new routes, where some of them go to new destinations for the airline. These were announced to compete with other airlines.

Format

Route
Flight Daily/Weekly
Date the Route starts
Competitors

New Destinations For Delta:

Salt Lake City, UT (KSLC) ➝ Moab, UT (KCNY)
1X Daily
May 5, 2021

Salt Lake City, UT (KSLC) ➝ Durango, CO (KDRO)
2X Daily
May 17, 2021

New Routes

Los Angeles, CA (KLAX) ➝ Houston, TX (KIAH)
2X Daily
April 12, 2021
Sprit Airlines United Airlines Southwest Airlines (HOU)

Minneapolis, MN (KMSP) ➝ Myrtle Beach, SC (KMYR)
1X Daily
April 17, 2021
Spirit Airlines Sun Country

Minneapolis, MN (KMSP) ➝ Portland, ME (KPWM)
1X Daily
May 28, 2021
Sun Country

Minneapolis, MN (KMSP) ➝ Providence, RI (KPVD)
1X Daily
May 28, 2021
Sun Country

Minneapolis, MN (KMSP) ➝ Savannah, GA (KSAV)
1X Daily
April 17, 2021
Sun Country

Minneapolis, MN (KMSP) ➝ Traverse City, MI (KTVC)
1X Daily
May 28, 2021

What are your thoughts about these new routes? Delta is reacting to the major shift in leisure travel, then business travel. Delta will be competing a lot with Sun Country this spring/summer. I can’t wait to see how these routes will do. Let me know your thoughts down bellow!

Sources

Delta Air Lines Adds New Routes, More Destinations
N125DU | Airbus A220-171

15 Likes

Yesss KMYR, I like that!

3 Likes

Excited for this! Moab’s an awesome destination with only UA as a competitor. I’m sure it’ll sell out!

1 Like

Still no ATL/DTW-ISP :(

3 Likes

You have JFK hehe

1 Like

Suffolk County alone has 1.5 million people (which ISP is almost smack dab in the center of), and plenty of business as well which I think would support delta well. I get with their JFK and LGA fortresses right next door they might now want to draw from that, but I think just some RJ service to ATL and DTW 2-3x daily would do pretty well. They used to do ISP-CVG and ISP-ATL, but ended the ATL flights in 2008 when the recession hit and they were merging with NW. Many people here prefer the convenience of ISP over dealing with the craziness that is JFK.

2 Likes

True. ATL and DFW to ISP would make sense.

2 Likes

Frontier does seasonal ISP-ATL and does pretty good on it (was even year-round pre-covid) so I think delta might want to compete with that. Plus delta can draw even more with their connecting opportunities. Frontier also used to do ISP-DTW, but loads weren’t all that great, but IMO were enough to support delta RJ service, plus again delta could get more with connecting opportunities. But this isn’t an ISP thread, PM me if you want to continue discussing ISP service

1 Like

Yeah! I’m pretty sure UA only flies here from Denver.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.