Delta Airlines Boeing 777-232(ER) at KMSP

This was an amazing sight for me to see!

Update: just went plane spotting, saw it again:

35 Likes

I beg to differ, MSP is pretty good, here’s one of my photos.

17 Likes

I haven’t been there, but it’s the 16th biggest airport in the US, and the 50th biggest in the world. Hardly “regional”

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minneapolis–Saint_Paul_International_Airport

4 Likes

MSP has a LHR Service, not particularly regional

The official viewing area, here’s a map:
https://www.mspairport.com/docs/maps/other/Aircraft-Viewing-MAP.aspx

Nice photos!

Here’s what I see when I go plane spotting:

Aircraft:
B717
MD-80
Another type of MD-80
CRJ
Another CRJ
Lots of CRJs!
The rare 737
A320
A319
Creepy small plane
Extremely rare vandalized 767
Extremely rare 757
Runways:
757/767/737/A320/A319 takeoff behind the cargo building so I can’t see them
The CRJ/MD-80/717/777 takes off on the good runway
Airlines:
Delta
Delta
Delta
Delta

Hardly the regular 747/A340/777/787 traffic some of you guys see

4 Likes

Where do you go? See my post below for what I see

Concourse G if I recall correctly?

1 Like

In that case, why is the airport not in global yet? I checked the Github thing and I can’t find it.

2 Likes

Rare 737? It’s all SWA flies…

MSP has some beautiful aircraft, several A330’s and a couple of 777’s. The regional jets are amazing. Really surprised you didn’t find MSP to have some amazing spots. My profile pic came from MSP.

2 Likes

But they all go to the secret FBI runway behind the cargo building so I can’t see them

Tell me, how many times have you seen that at the official viewing area (not inside T1 or T2)

1 Like

Once, the gate area is technically an official viewing area.

I was lucky enough to see the 777 once, but it flew away and never came back

I looked up the registration, if I’m not incorrect it was the 777 that experienced an uncommanded engine rollback mid-flight

1 Like

@Danman Well the"Official" viewing area for people who are not going on a flight is at the plane spotting place with benches. The unofficial area is in the airport itself.

1 Like

Filming planes: as easy as falling off a snow-covered bench

1 Like

alright, i know im going to Heathrow tommorow then, Dayumn i gotta find some good planes.

This is what we call hassling. It’s a bit disrespectful to the Editing team. If an airport is good enough from the X-Plane files, they don’t have to replicate it. So it’s there. Every airport is there.