Delta Airlines Boeing 737-900 HARD landing

I recently flew into Salt Lake City on Delta Airlines and experienced one of the hardest landings I had ever encountered. The aircraft was sort of sideways as we were over the runway and then the pilots swung the right-wing down to level off the aircraft and then we touched down. I feel like the video doesn’t do it justice, but tell me what you guys think of that approach/ landing. Enjoy! :)

15 Likes

In the video it looks soft, but I could definitely tell it was a harder landing.

Great video!

1 Like

Thank you! It did look a bit soft, but you could tell from all of the passengers’ comments and the wing swinging that it was a bit abrupt. lol

2 Likes

It definitely looked to be more abrupt but that happens.

1 Like

I saw so many good places to plane spot on the approach lol it looked like the plane was approaching the runway nose down and I think he may have added rudder input and forget correction or over corrected the rudder tilting the plane.

1 Like

Yeah. As we got closer to the ground, the plane seemed to be tilting quite a bit.

1 Like

That’s a pretty rough landing, I probably doesn’t help of salt lake cities elevation, wind speed, and that it’s a 737.

3 Likes

True, true. :)

1 Like

KSLC is at a pretty high elevation. Harder landings than usual are pretty normal.

4 Likes

True. There might also have been a risk of windshear, which would explain the rather high (it seems) landing speed, on top of the elevation and likely heat!
Still, it seems to be a not so good one!

2 Likes