Delta Airlines announces withdrawl of operations from Tokyo-Narita

I’m so sorry, just change my vote to yes. I musclicked no! Sorry about that!!!

1 Like

rippp. doesn’t that mean that seattle has no more A350’s coming there regularly??

1 Like

If SEA-NRT was the last A350 route from SEA, then yes for now. Delta may still schedule A350 routes from SEA in the future, or they may convert it to an A339 base.

1 Like

Official News Release by Delta:

“Delta to become largest U.S. carrier serving Tokyo-Haneda in 2020”

2 Likes

Also uploaded an infographic.

2 Likes

Thanks @Ishrion, I’ll add those to the post

Wait wait what? MSP is getting a 2nd A350! Nice. We were only supposed to have an equipment change for MSP-ICN to the A350, but it will be great so see them flying to HND with the A350 also! Maybe they will push forward with that route to Shanghai Also 0_o

1 Like

DL did propose MSP-PVG last year when AA announced it was cutting ORD-PVG. AA officially gave up its 7 frequencies on PVG on June 28th, 2019. Wouldn’t surprised to see them officially apply for it.

1 Like

F. Gonna miss Delta in Manila.

(Photos taken by me last June 4, 2019)

1 Like

…Delta will launch ICN-MNL in favor of NRT-MNL…

1 Like

Oof. I may have not read that. Thanks for clarifying.

1 Like

By the way, @MishaCamp, did I Credit the photos correctly?

Looks like flights are now loaded.

From what it looks like…

• Detroit and Seattle will be on the A350.
  • Minneapolis switched from 772 to A350.
  • LAX switched to 772 from A350.
  • Atlanta will be on the 772.
  • Portland will be on the A332.
  • Seoul to Manila will be on the A330-900neo.
4 Likes

Interesting. Will the 763s be retired by the time of the transfer?

Considering a bunch of their 767s just got refurbished I don’t think that’s happening anytime soon.

1 Like

There are no 767s on the list, and the ICN-MNL route, currently operated as a 767 from NRT, has been changed to an A339. PDX-Tokyo was also changed to an A330.

Well, Delta doesn’t just fly to Asia, there is an entire additional ocean to cross. Still plenty of routes to Europe and South American that those 767s will be flying…

1 Like

Per the Wiki, only a select number of 763s will be retired this year. Most will continue to be in the fleet and should receive Premium Select on 2021.

Also… I think the 763 will still be flying SEA-KIX and possibly another route.

1 Like

Looking forward to Delta A339 at Manila!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.